Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
wait wtf there's a sequel? sorry d4 we got manga to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

wait wtf there's a sequel? sorry d4 we got manga to read

Hell yeah there's a sequel, and it owns (though there sadly aren't many chapters yet)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Hell yeah there's a sequel, and it owns (though there sadly aren't many chapters yet)

It is a monthly series for the most part so it'll take a while for it to really build up. Otoh, the chapters are relatively long.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The monthly wait for a chapter is hard. But the chapters are pretty good, so it's usually worth it.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Ironman Folgore; Invincible Folgore :w00t:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Ironman Folgore; Invincible Folgore :w00t:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
post ur fav zatch bell 2 panels on this page 2 of the zatch bell 2 thread

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I have to say that chapter 8 is my favorite chapter so far.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Folgore is just extremely good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Honestly I think my favorite part of the whole folgore fight, despite everything amazing about it, is when the regular citizens dove in to help, tackling the mustache dude and ramming them with a car to help their hero folgore. So many times things like this suddenly enter an entire alternate universe even in the middle of a city where suddenly no civilians are around. At least dandadan explicitly explains it away, most series don't.

If I had to raise one thing I have a problem with with the series, it's when they get the opportunity to grab all the power crystal jar things and just...don't. Or like, folgore grabbed tio's and then just...left the rest on the ground, rather than taking the entire suitcase. It's really obviously their power source, why leave it on the ground for them to recover!!!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One of the many things I like about Zatch Bell is the way adults participate in its story. They somehow feel more like adults than the adults in other shounen stories, despite how silly they sometimes act. Folgore and Kafka in particular are both great.

It also does "people from non-Japan countries" well. The characters are often silly, but in a way that doesn't feel mean and is very good-natured in general.

I think that "good-natured" is a good way to describe these comics. Just fully infused and permeated with good vibes. Makoto Raiku being a bad person would probably shock me more than hearing the same thing about almost any other public/media figure.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Honestly I think my favorite part of the whole folgore fight, despite everything amazing about it, is when the regular citizens dove in to help, tackling the mustache dude and ramming them with a car to help their hero folgore. So many times things like this suddenly enter an entire alternate universe even in the middle of a city where suddenly no civilians are around. At least dandadan explicitly explains it away, most series don't.

If I had to raise one thing I have a problem with with the series, it's when they get the opportunity to grab all the power crystal jar things and just...don't. Or like, folgore grabbed tio's and then just...left the rest on the ground, rather than taking the entire suitcase. It's really obviously their power source, why leave it on the ground for them to recover!!!!

I love the callbacks to him earlier ask for the car or people assisting. Folgore did just tackle a cat-bear out of a hospital widow while defending a child. he deserves a little help

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm on mobile but the best pages in the manga are Kanchome about to die doing the song and saying he wants see Folgore again and you turn the page and the hero himself is there.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Will never not make me smile.

Captain Invictus posted:

Between the numerous interventions by normal people in Folgore's fight, and the emotional damage the security guard left on the witch. I'm really loving that non-partner people are stepping up in more ways than I remember in the original series. I think the last time people did something was the castle fight where Kiyomaru rescued his father.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Brought To You By posted:

Will never not make me smile.

Between the numerous interventions by normal people in Folgore's fight, and the emotional damage the security guard left on the witch. I'm really loving that non-partner people are stepping up in more ways than I remember in the original series. I think the last time people did something was the castle fight where Kiyomaru rescued his father.

That Security Guard just ripped out the Witch's self esteem. He is clearly magical himself.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Zatch Bell just does a great job at swapping between being extremely goofy and menacing on the drop of the hat, sometimes doing both at the time time even and it's prob one of the best parts of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
considering how amazingly hardcore tio's experience has been, what do you think brago's been up to?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Brago has just learned to relax. He ran an orphanage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I feel like brago is still gonna be short.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

He'll be short but fine with it to balance out Zatch.

I wonder when we'll see Kido.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Terrifying adult Umagon

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brago became a gamer

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So besides the core gang anyone have bets on what other pairs are returning?

Wonder if we'll see a return of some of the more villainous pairings or if it'll be all buddies

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zeno will def be back eventually.

E: Though I guess he counts as both.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zeno will have a beard and it will be hosed up

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I want that one nun who somehow made it to the final arc with her partner and the one lady who was working with the final boss.

I mostly just want to know they're doing okay.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I assume we'll get Brago and Sherry back as well as the Prof. and Kido and probably Sunbeam and Umagon. I want to see Apollo and Ropes come back, they were cool and it'd be nice to see them go the distance.

As far as fun little one shot guys I'd like to see return to be heavy hitters, Gimme Danny and that old man busting heads. Gimme Jem and Yopopo reunion.

Oh and of course I need to see Kolulu and Lori back together. They deserve it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Would be very surprised if Sunbeam and Umagon aren’t next.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I assume we'll get Brago and Sherry back as well as the Prof. and Kido and probably Sunbeam and Umagon. I want to see Apollo and Ropes come back, they were cool and it'd be nice to see them go the distance.

As far as fun little one shot guys I'd like to see return to be heavy hitters, Gimme Danny and that old man busting heads. Gimme Jem and Yopopo reunion.

the riddle professor is fuckin' dead.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i wanna see leila again, she was my fave

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bring back faudo or whatever it was called

Victoreem is obviously the most important to bring back

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

kidcoelacanth posted:

there's a part of me that's a little bummed that raiku (presumably) felt he had to come back to this world because his other works weren't hitting, but on the other hand this poo poo rips so i can't really complain

??? It probably didn't make stupid amounts of money like Zatch Bell, but Animal Land hit plenty fine. He's probably using it to prop up his studio.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Supremezero posted:

??? It probably didn't make stupid amounts of money like Zatch Bell, but Animal Land hit plenty fine. He's probably using it to prop up his studio.

it is entirely possible i'm speaking from a place of complete ignorance!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

Zatch Bell just does a great job at swapping between being extremely goofy and menacing on the drop of the hat, sometimes doing both at the time time even and it's prob one of the best parts of it.
Knowing these two guys are here to murder everyone including children, but they took the time to hit up the Pyramid and get some merch is a prime example of that tonal shift the series absolutely nails.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Jose posted:

Bring back faudo or whatever it was called

Victoreem is obviously the most important to bring back

Melon is most important to bring back you mean.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CATCH MY HEART

VERY MELON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Definitely want all of these, especially Danny.