Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Princess Cup is turning 10 years old and the field is wide open. The past two winners of the tournament are not participating this year (Yuka due to injuries, Itoh is in America) and perennial favourite Mizuki is the current champion so probably won't be winning it all. Maybe Miyu will finally win her first singles tournament after breaking her curse with Max Heart. Maybe Rika will attempt to hold both singles titles at the same time, or her partner Miu will finally break through after such a gutsy performance last year. Or Suzume. Or Shoko. Even Hikari or Arai could sneak their way into the finals through their relatively weak block. One thing is for sure, the real winners will be us the fans.

First Round
Miyu Yamashita vs Mizuki
Hyper Misao vs Moka Miyamoto
Raku vs Rika Tatsumi
Suzume vs Shoko Nakajima
Kamiyu vs Nao Kakuta
Yuki Arai vs Miu Watanabe
Arisu Endo vs Mahiro Kiryu
Hikari Noa vs Yuki Arai

All of the first round shows do not look to have commentary but as of now the Quarters on the 29th will feature English commentary from our favourite couple of degenerates. Shows for the next three days are starting at 11:30am JST/10:30pm EDT

quote:

TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TOKYO PRINCESS CUP”, 15/07/2023
Tokyo Ryogoku KFC Hall

1. Wakana Uehara & HIMAWARI Vs Haru Kazashiro & Runa Okubo
2. Kaya Toribami Vs Shino Suzuki
3. Yuki Kamifuku, Mahiro Kiryu & Toga Vs Hikari Noa, Nao Kakuta & Arisu Endo
4. Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe, Suzume & Haruna Neko Vs Shoko Nakajima, Yuki Aino, Raku & Pom Harajuku
5. Tokyo Princess Cup – Round 1B: Hyper Misao Vs Moka Miyamoto
6. Tokyo Princess Cup – Round 1A: Miyu Yamashita Vs Mizuki

Post your brackets with the knowledge that the semi finalists will be re-randomised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ready for this to be invalidated on Night 1 when Miyu rampages through to win the whole thing, but I could easily see Misao banana peeling her way into the semi finals to make way for a Miu victory.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

Post your brackets with the knowledge that the semi finalists will be re-randomised

I believe in the Miu Sweep.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

Ready for this to be invalidated on Night 1 when Miyu rampages through to win the whole thing, but I could easily see Misao banana peeling her way into the semi finals to make way for a Miu victory.

Same bracket! At least with the exception fo the semis

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
#Mokasweep

that is: First Round:
Mizuki over Miyu Yamashita
Moka Miyamoto over Hyper Misao
Rika Tatsumi over Raku
Suzume over Shoko Nakajima
Kamiyu over Nao Kakuta
Miu Watanabe over Yuki Aino
Arisu Endo over Mahiro Kiryu
Yuki Arai over Hikari Noa

Quarter Finals:
Moka Miyamoto over Mizuki
Rika Tatsumi over Suzume
Miu Watanabe over Kamiyu
Yuki Arai over Arisu Endo

Semi Finals (Redrawn)*
Rika Tatsumi over Miu Watanabe
Moka Miyamoto over Yuki Arai

Finals
Moka Miyamoto over Rika Tatsumi

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

miyu beating mizuki in the first round before winning the whole thing would make her an incredibly strong challenger for wrestle princess. it's the most compelling story i can piece together. also, she is the coolest one

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

actually now that i'm looking at this, i think it might be miu over mizuki in the finals instead

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Like a fool I agreed to go off-roading this morning, hopefully I'll be back in time for the cup matches but if not assume I got stuck somewhere out in the bush and am currently starving to death

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Team L O V E

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Betting against Yuki Arai is probably not the smartest move, but Hikari deserves some triumph. I do think Miu could win, she feels poised to really break through to the main event.

I remember Miu and Yuki Aino having a real banger match in a previous Princess Cup, I can't wait to see what they do this time. High hopes for Suzume vs. Shoko too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I mentioned it before but Wrestle Universe is STILL giving me a "we couldn't charge you for the month" message despite me updating my card, but it also has a little message saying,"It might take a while to process this" and I still have access to Wrestle Universe so I have no loving clue if my membership is still active or not. Their instructions for "resetting payment" are super-confusing and seemingly out-of-date (and presumably roughly translated), does anybody else have any kind of experience with this?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

I mentioned it before but Wrestle Universe is STILL giving me a "we couldn't charge you for the month" message despite me updating my card, but it also has a little message saying,"It might take a while to process this" and I still have access to Wrestle Universe so I have no loving clue if my membership is still active or not. Their instructions for "resetting payment" are super-confusing and seemingly out-of-date (and presumably roughly translated), does anybody else have any kind of experience with this?

i'm dealing with the exact same thing right now, and their instructions don't line up with the website. i cancelled my membership but it still works? i get that popup thing, so i figure i'll sign up again as soon as it stops working

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I just "canceled" my account and it said my next renewal date was on the 1st of July, so I pushed cancel again and it said I had canceled my cancellation and now the next renewal date is for the 1st of August :psyduck:

So I think I've fixed the problem? I guess I'll find out in August! Bizarre!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Hi Namba! :wave:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

HI NAMBA

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:dance::dance::dance::hayter:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol that low mic volume gets me every time

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

it has been entirely too long since i have heard babyface this is bullshit

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Wow so they're just letting the children get murdered to start the night off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TAXI!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

bong

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
that was the most casual tag out i've ever seen

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Himawari is pretty cool

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
unhappy birthday shino

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

THUMBS
UP
FOR
ENDO

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Thumbs up for Endo!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey guys!

GUESS WHO!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the endocrinologists are going wild

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Toga's prob my favorite from this new crop of rookies.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Just realized that since they'll be wrestling 3 days in a row, we'll probably see some older gear in action again.

That also might be rough on the rookies who don't have other gear to switch between.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Senerio posted:

big same

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Part of the fun of these matches is guessing who is going to get Toga-ed.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Senerio posted:

I keep thinking her pants are ripped in the back because of that design

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Surely this momentum will carry Hikari to victory over Yuki Arai!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Pom Pom Pom-Pom-Pom
Pom Pom Pom-Pom-Pom

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SAY HELLO
SAY GOODBYE

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
If you were going to have someone adjusting the turnbuckle tension, maybe not have the 15 year old rookie do it?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no raku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming