Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i liked colonel okneel's cat from the first season

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dee eight fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dee eight posted:

i liked colonel oneal's cat from the first season

O'neill, two L's.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

almost1337 posted:

The time loop episode was great

"Hey George"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

almost1337 posted:

The time loop episode was great

Groundhog day or the one where Teal'c gets that stylish grey stripe in his hair? (on of the season finales that was intended to be a series finale but they kept going probably 8ish?)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

Groundhog day or the one where Teal'c gets that stylish grey stripe in his hair?

That season ten time loop episode?

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
The alternate future one was pretty good where they block the address of the planet at the end after they send the note through.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SpeedFreek posted:

The alternate future one was pretty good where they block the address of the planet at the end after they send the note through.

I love those episodes! 2 episodes, the first is called 2010 and the second 2001

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

SpeedFreek posted:

It's an existential headfuck. If this actually happened it basically proves the Multiverse Theory. Wasn't there also some episode with an evil alternate SG1 team? I just checked and there are eight across it and it's spinoffs.
https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_reality#SG1:_%22There_But_for_the_Grace_of_God%22

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I am not Lucy :raise:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Valko posted:

It's an existential headfuck. If this actually happened it basically proves the Multiverse Theory. Wasn't there also some episode with an evil alternate SG1 team? I just checked and there are eight across it and it's spinoffs.
https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Alternate_reality#SG1:_%22There_But_for_the_Grace_of_God%22

There was the AI SG1 but they were not evil.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Sounds like this is also the rewatch thread now. Today's episode is the pilot!

In addition to not giving you any screenshots or the correct name, I will also offer you a compete lack of details because I'm not looking anything up.

Go watch the episode and report back. We're doing one episode a day, and feel free to be spoilerific since this is a general megathread after all

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Sounds like this is also the rewatch thread now. Today's episode is the pilot!

In addition to not giving you any screenshots or the correct name, I will also offer you a compete lack of details because I'm not looking anything up.

Go watch the episode and report back. We're doing one episode a day, and feel free to be spoilerific since this is a general megathread after all

Children of the Gods!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Unless I'm forgetting something... The story relies on Apophis butt dialing both Earth and Abydos in the same week. You may think it had something to do with the death of Ra, but no, Pophis was just looking for a bride and accidently hit up Earth even though the original number hasn't been in service for thousands of years and they had to take stellar drift into account to get the correct current number.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

itry posted:

Unless I'm forgetting something... The story relies on Apophis butt dialing both Earth and Abydos in the same week. You may think it had something to do with the death of Ra, but no, Pophis was just looking for a bride and accidently hit up Earth even though the original number hasn't been in service for thousands of years and they had to take stellar drift into account to get the correct current number.

JAFFA KREE!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I just started watching Atlantis, and I've yet to warm up to McKay.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

There was that time Carter dated that alien that made a stargate from internet sourced parts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

There was that time Carter dated that alien that made a stargate from internet sourced parts.

That super creepy guy who stalked her.

But then, did Carter have any non creepy love interests?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
comtraya!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

crispix posted:

comtraya!!!

COMTRAYA!!!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Valko posted:

I love all of the SG-1's alternate universe and/or time travel episodes as well as the 2nd movie (Ba'al :argh:)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

I love all of the SG-1's alternate universe and/or time travel episodes as well as the 2nd movie (Ba'al :argh:)

Never forget that AI SG1 out there doing missions until their batteries died.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

Well they have that multi-verse travel stone thingy. Using the gate to time travel seems to effect your current timeline based off events changing. There's also localized timeloops where the rest of the universe goes on unable to dial the cluster. Stargate's universe is so great in any scifi trope is attainable

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

redshirt posted:

COMTRAYA!!!

Tin man was a great episode. They just stumble into a large industrial building to find the loneliest robot.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I gotta say I slightly preferred sg Atlantis, but only slightly.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Hathor episode sure had a lot of :gizz:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

crispix posted:

Hathor episode sure had a lot of :gizz:

No denying Hathor and Daniel Jackson DNA would rule.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Brain leeches are bad for you dang the Goa'oud

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I watched so much of it on Saturday, it was right after Xena iirc.

Couldn't tell you a single thing beyond them freaking out about getting the dimension ring working every episode.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Treecko posted:

Couldn't tell you a single thing beyond them freaking out about getting the dimension ring working every episode.

They call it "the Stargate"

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Makes sense

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Picked a random episode but I forgot it was the Teal'c in the goo cage episode...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thinkin about Sgt Siler

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Treecko posted:

Are you thinking of Sliders?

If it had Gimli in it, it was Sliders.

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:

redshirt posted:

Thinkin about Sgt Siler

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Sliders lost me when it got all continuity-y. Big mistake, IMO. Sliders was the show you watched just because it was on, but nobody, and I mean nobody thought of it as something to tune in for regularly at a set time. I don't want to hear about some kind of weird cross-dimensional empire you've been fighting all season, I want to see the science guy figure out this world's gimmick and source of problems is that it has no penicillin and solve it with moldy bread.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
The star trek problem for me - i need those shows to be hop on - hop off, if i miss 2 episodes to vacation and theres 3 new empires at war, im gonna watch something else.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sounds like a Yu problem.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWZaTxE6D0

I think the show could have used more Nerus food reviews. Not many, but man they should have revisited this concept.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Nope, definitely talking about SG1, I was just being an rear end.

I have no idea what Sliders is but I might look into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

itry posted:

Sounds like a Yu problem.

O no Yu didn't!