Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

McSpanky posted:

General Hammond Reaction Video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

FFT posted:

S2 has 22 episodes. The 15th is The Fifth Race. And 21st is 1969.

it was 1999, man,

'69 was a good year

:nixon:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

redshirt posted:

*lines up two gates rear end to rear end just to see what happens when two WOOOOSHES touch
you know damned well that can't actually happen.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FFT posted:

you know damned well that can't actually happen.

Just brainstorming with the boys back in the lab, Sir.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

redshirt posted:

Just brainstorming with the boys back in the lab, Sir.
FELGER :argh:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FFT posted:

FELGER :argh:

*adjust collar, coughs

...L-l-like what if we transported a gate right at the moment of activation? For example...

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

what if we transported a gate right at the moment of activation? For example...

this feels like the kind of question you save up to ask Sam when you're on the date with her so you can see her eyes light up and you dont have to think of anything to say for the next 2 hours while she explains temporal wormhole theory and four dimensionally tesselated overlapping space

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

alexandriao posted:

this feels like the kind of question you save up to ask Sam when you're on the date with her so you can see her eyes light up and you dont have to think of anything to say for the next 2 hours while she explains temporal wormhole theory and four dimensionally tesselated overlapping space

Sorry I don't have clearance. :)

Sam's dating life.... ug. I'm not sure who was the worst, but boy there are a lot to choose from. Probably Pete.

But I particularly dislike the NID guy who kept hitting on her. I don't think they went out but it was like dude, she's not interested.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

redshirt posted:

Sam's dating life.... ug. I'm not sure who was the worst, but boy there are a lot to choose from. Probably Pete.

But I particularly dislike the NID guy who kept hitting on her. I don't think they went out but it was like dude, she's not interested.

Best combo is Sam x Maybourne

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

redshirt posted:

She liked NID guy but the timing was off. He was better than Pete, who was a lowly cop. At least Barrett was good looking, despite his bad haircut. Pete was just a blob. The alternate futures at least had her with an ambassador, or billionaire Rodney. A Colorado Springs cop … no.

Really we are all OTP Sam x Jack for life and accept no substitute.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I liked Narim a lot even though he was a huge dork.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I liked the platonic romance between Sam and Warrick. Just sheer glee at the mechanics of go fast

/e: i'm aware the term is "friendship"

stringless fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 25, 2024

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

well why not posted:

She liked NID guy but the timing was off. He was better than Pete, who was a lowly cop. At least Barrett was good looking, despite his bad haircut. Pete was just a blob. The alternate futures at least had her with an ambassador, or billionaire Rodney. A Colorado Springs cop … no.

Really we are all OTP Sam x Jack for life and accept no substitute.

Pete only got the job because he was the director's brother

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fuckin Pete. Hey babe, here's this house I bought us.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hey Sam, I know we're only PG dating; but I bought us a house, despite you already owning a house (and living away 2/3 the time) and making probably 10x what I do. Don't leave me. Who's "Jack" btw?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

redshirt posted:

I liked Narim a lot even though he was a huge dork.

I was OK with Narim as runner up

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

well why not posted:

Hey Sam, I know we're only PG dating; but I bought us a house, despite you already owning a house (and living away 2/3 the time) and making probably 10x what I do. Don't leave me. Who's "Jack" btw?

"Buying a house? In THIS economy?!"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Now Martouf, there's a solid guy you could count on.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Yeah, but you gotta take Lantash with him

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I just rewatched the "inside on the genitals not on outside gentinals, i'm a major not a doctor" again

after the whole context of Sam/Jack through the series, you can see this whole exchange as two teenagers desperately trying to learn how to flirt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For the record, I am 100% against Sam/Jack. I want it just to be professional. I know it doesn't make as much drama, but I just appreciate their working relationship way more than any "They're in love!" story.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I want them to be professionals everywhere but when they are fishing at the cabin they have a quick casual kiss that Teal'c raises his eyebrows and looks at Daniel who shrugs and Teal'c says "Indeed".

That's the extent of it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kdrudy posted:

I want them to be professionals everywhere but when they are fishing at the cabin they have a quick casual kiss that Teal'c raises his eyebrows and looks at Daniel who shrugs and Teal'c says "Indeed".

That's the extent of it.

*Maybourne comes in from off screen with a hot dog

*Laugh track

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FFT posted:

I liked the platonic romance between Sam and Warrick. Just sheer glee at the mechanics of go fast

/e: i'm aware the term is "friendship"

when u got a mixed gender friendship that you nerd out over a shared interest the official scientific classification is "rad bromance"

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

redshirt posted:

*Laugh track

You got me, that's better

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

redshirt posted:

*Laugh track

"That's so Maybourne!"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

blatman posted:

when u got a mixed gender friendship that you nerd out over a shared interest the official scientific classification is "rad bromance"
I appreciate the wordplay but I was going to say "bromance" in the first place except I'm not sure that makes sense for a mixed gender friendship???

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

For the record, I am 100% against Sam/Jack. I want it just to be professional. I know it doesn't make as much drama, but I just appreciate their working relationship way more than any "They're in love!" story.

Mega same, also just as a practical concern RDA and Tapping have like zero romantic chemistry together.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

FFT posted:

I appreciate the wordplay but I was going to say "bromance" in the first place except I'm not sure that makes sense for a mixed gender friendship???

this also occurred to me while typing the post, my solution was to not give a poo poo and post it lol

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
maybourne is a dick :mad:

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

crispix posted:

I like how awkward he and the senator are in S1/2.
They have legitimate actual arguments but the writers aren't quite sure how to counter those, so instead they just exaggerate them into comically awful and stupid people.
Like the opening argument is that maybe we shouldn't haphazardly put the entire planet at risk, as SG1 does constantly, but then the senator goes nuts and rants about jesus at the end of the episode.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

McSpanky posted:

Mega same, also just as a practical concern RDA and Tapping have like zero romantic chemistry together.

This is true - there's more sexual tension with RDA/Shanks, RDA/Judge, RDA/Tony A, Judge/Tony A, Judge/anything with a pouch, etc
Shanks just ends up loving anything, he just falls into it.

Tapping gets hot and bothered with anything that has a laser and/or spins. It's just the way the show is written - not enough people in 4 man teams to gently caress it up with a romance side story.

crispix posted:

There's a reason this man has multiple wives :colbert:

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Finally finished all ten seasons, more or less; I may have skipped around a little. The main thing I enjoyed was how sincere the show was. It was actually quite refreshing.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

tango alpha delta posted:

Finally finished all ten seasons, more or less; I may have skipped around a little. The main thing I enjoyed was how sincere the show was. It was actually quite refreshing.

Extremely, like even in a 4th wall transcending way in the 'Citizen Joe' episode where they not so subtly admit they didn't like one of the earlier episodes. Can't remember which though offhand.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

tango alpha delta posted:

I thought this - and the whole show really - was nicely summed up at the end of 200, with the silver Teal'c robot guy quoting Asimov.

quote:

Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Sardonik posted:

Extremely, like even in a 4th wall transcending way in the 'Citizen Joe' episode where they not so subtly admit they didn't like one of the earlier episodes. Can't remember which though offhand.

Having just watched it, they poke fun at a bunch of them.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Sardonik posted:

"1 shot hurts, 2 shot kills, and 3 shots....DISINTEGRATES them".

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Okay so there are 2 borg cubes so if the death star lines up just right and takes both out...