Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I wonder how much paperwork it requires to activate the gate.

"Why haven't we brought SG-4 home yet?"

"The authorization paperwork has to be done monthly and we didn't get the signature back from the general's office yet... Colonel Stanknuffets can sign since he's taken the section 426-V authorization course, but he's out sick and it's supposed to be done in hard copy..."

They ain't filling out forms for gate activation. No doubt there's a report, lots of recordings, but they aren't seeking permission for routine gate missions. Hammond has full authority to use it when he wants, except for high tension/diplomatic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

By season 4 they have developed Naquadah generators good enough they can use them to power gates off world. I don't think they've integrated these into Cheyenne Mountain infrastructure yet unless it was done off screen and not mentioned, but pretty soon I think they could be running off the grid with very low cost

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

By season 4 they have developed Naquadah generators good enough they can use them to power gates off world. I don't think they've integrated these into Cheyenne Mountain infrastructure yet unless it was done off screen and not mentioned, but pretty soon I think they could be running off the grid with very low cost

If you have a major military budget and are still sending tons of people there, it's going to look very strange when suddenly the power bill gets decimated and the staff count is still rising. Probably would have made a good clip show topic.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pixaal posted:

If you have a major military budget and are still sending tons of people there, it's going to look very strange when suddenly the power bill gets decimated and the staff count is still rising. Probably would have made a good clip show topic.

just put in a request for a bunch of LED lightbulbs first

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

She was pregnant as hell. Which made it pretty funny in literally the next episode when Jack was like "I have to go back!" but it was just a cover for being a double agent. He's never going back lol

O'Neill: "General, I want to retire off-world"
Hammond: "Cool Jack, which one?"
O'Neill: "Huh?"
Hammond: "That one with the hot greek lady that wanted to just lay around and gently caress? That farm lady who you knocked up? Hey, maybe even get another Robot-Carter! Or maybe you're thinking of making some "diplomatic relations" with that Tok'ra lady, you cad you"
O'Neill: "Actually sir, I was thinking of um, visiting Thor"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

O'Neill + Thor 4EVA

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

T'okra lady was the genie on Weird Science the tv series. I recognized her last night the second she appeared.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Garshaw of Belote is the only Lady Tok'ra of my heart

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

T'okra lady was the genie on Weird Science the tv series. I recognized her last night the second she appeared.

And one of the Russian soldiers at the end of Spies Like Us.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

PriorMarcus posted:

There's some misremembered information above as the time jump is only 30 years and humans in The Expanse already live longer than we do so the characters being in their 50's/60's isn't that big of a deal and certainly doesn't require extensive make-up or recasting.

i remember complaining about being old in the first book after the jump but youre right i did mis remember how big the jump was. and to be fair most of the complaining was from someone who was in their 90s after the jump not by holden and crew

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

O'Neill: "General, I want to retire off-world"
Hammond: "Cool Jack, which one?"
O'Neill: "Huh?"
Hammond: "That one with the hot greek lady that wanted to just lay around and gently caress? That farm lady who you knocked up? Hey, maybe even get another Robot-Carter! Or maybe you're thinking of making some "diplomatic relations" with that Tok'ra lady, you cad you"
O'Neill: "Actually sir, I was thinking of um, visiting Thor"

I have some bad news about Thor

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
O'neil and Thor as the cop and prosecutor in a police procedural spin-off .

Law and Order: SG1

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

pixaal posted:

I have some bad news about Thor

It's ok, Thor's consciousnesses was downloaded into (one of) Daniel's new body, and he's now voiced by television star Michael Shanks

(imagine going from 2nd leading role to bottom of 2nd credit card)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Teal'c buddy, I'm sure Sho'nac is your long lost love or whatever but I'm pretty sure you are married, dude

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

"We were on a break."

"You've been watching sitcoms again, haven't you?"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Teal'c buddy, I'm sure Sho'nac is your long lost love or whatever but I'm pretty sure you are married, dude

So begins Teal'c's best arc...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good Lord in heaven the top Vanessa Angel is wearing in this Manchurian candidate episode

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my God they are doing a clip show of an episode that happened two episodes ago

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oh my God they are doing a clip show of an episode that happened two episodes ago

This might be the Clip Show of a Clip Show episode, I'm not sure though. Clipception!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Last week I got really high and couldn't stop saying "Don S. Davis" to myself in different ways. Especially by running the name and initial together so it sounds like there's alliteration. "Doness Davis"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Last week I got really high and couldn't stop saying "Don S. Davis" to myself in different ways. Especially by running the name and initial together so it sounds like there's alliteration. "Doness Davis"

"Son....."

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Pretty sure he was divorced at this point - or at least, his wife had it annulled so she could do something with her life (read: sneak up on Teal'c friend).

I'm sure Teal'c saw this as a reasonable act to "hide the symbiote", or "fill the pouch", as it were

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol "Get your Jaffa on"

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

"Putting the ma'tok through the chappa'ai"

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

she hide my symbiote til i kre

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When you already Kree but she still Kek'smore

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aw man, RSVP Martouf, Sam's least interesting potential love interest.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Aw man, RSVP Martouf, Sam's least interesting potential love interest.

"...'RIP,' Teal'c."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spoilers for SGA season 4:

Sam arrives on SGA in Season 4 to assume command of the city, it's awesome to get more Sam action after SG1. But the best little easter egg is, in her office on Atlantis she has a little framed picture of Teal'c on her desk. I love it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

redshirt posted:

Sam arrives on SGA in Season 4 to assume command of the city, it's awesome to get more Sam action after SG1. But the best little easter egg is, in her office on Atlantis she has a little framed picture of Teal'c on her desk. I love it.

I had never noticed that, that's amazing I'll have to look for it when I catch random episodes on Pluto.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That was really good, Jack wasn't a Zanex, he just registered as one because he was trying to hide the fact he loves Samantha.

Now I know the next episode is basically one of the consensus fan favorites of the entire series so I'm looking forward to that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That was really good, Jack wasn't a Zanex, he just registered as one because he was trying to hide the fact he loves Samantha.

Now I know the next episode is basically one of the consensus fan favorites of the entire series so I'm looking forward to that

Hell yeah it is. That run of episodes on Season 4 is amazing.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'm very excited for you. :yayclod:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

redshirt posted:

She has one of each sg1 member. You see Jack’s when she’s unpacking.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Sometimes they prank her by putting Jonas in Daniel's frame.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd have a little picture of Thor on my desk.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

I'd have a little picture of Thor on my desk.

I'd get a little grey alien toy and give it the accessories from a Marvel's Thor action figure.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd get a little grey alien toy and give it the accessories from a Marvel's Thor action figure.

lol I'd watch Thor: Ragnarok with Thor and Teal'c

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cuz you know Teal'c is down for any movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Thor: Are most depictions of Thor as ineloquent as this one?

Teal'c: Bruce Banner reminds me of Dr. Daniel Jackson.