Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's possible the cafeteria is in sublevel 5 and the workers don't get access to the rest of the facility. The cleaning people are who you should be wondering about. Edit: Do we ever see Hammond vacuuming his own office?

redshirt posted:

How have I never seen this before? Who is that guy?

Urgo? The pie guy?

itry fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

itry posted:

It's possible the cafeteria is in sublevel 5 and the workers don't get access to the rest of the facility. The cleaning people is who you should be wondering about.

Urgo? The pie guy?

I know Dom Deluise. Who's the guy eating a cupcake?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Wasn't Area 51 an entirely unrelated secret government alien research facility that SGC occasionally pawned off their weirder artifacts to for study? So it's not even just Cheyenne Mountain that has to keep the alien poo poo under wraps, it's gotta be like a thousand people in multiple locations across the US.

Plus fuckin' Russia knows about it too and had their own bootleg Stargate program, how that didn't leak like a sieve I'll never understand. Just some oligarch funding his Dacha by selling broken staff weapons to third world warlords and poo poo.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Wasn't Area 51 an entirely unrelated secret government alien research facility that SGC occasionally pawned off their weirder artifacts to for study? So it's not even just Cheyenne Mountain that has to keep the alien poo poo under wraps, it's gotta be like a thousand people in multiple locations across the US.

Plus fuckin' Russia knows about it too and had their own bootleg Stargate program, how that didn't leak like a sieve I'll never understand. Just some oligarch funding his Dacha by selling broken staff weapons to third world warlords and poo poo.

Yep, Area 51 was an active participant in the Stargate program.

Also, like Kinsey or similar politicians wouldn't be leaking

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

redshirt posted:

And they were all sequestered on site and hush hushed. Ostensibly SGC folks are just working for the Air Force at Cheyenne Mountain. As we see, they all have regular lives in the real world.

Richard Feynman is a bit of an unreliable narrator, but he makes a bit of a deal about how he goofed around the military in Los Alamos just for the sake of being a jack-rear end, so "sequestered" might be a bit much here. But I'm with itry, cleaning crews with security clearances higher than Samantha's dad? Good luck, USAF

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Furthermore, the SGC built multiple space ships. Big ones, the size of aircraft carriers. How many people worked on those projects? How many outside companies were involved?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Richard Feynman is a bit of an unreliable narrator, but he makes a bit of a deal about how he goofed around the military in Los Alamos just for the sake of being a jack-rear end, so "sequestered" might be a bit much here. But I'm with itry, cleaning crews with security clearances higher than Samantha's dad? Good luck, USAF

It was all worth it for those episodes where he thinks Sam has settled for something less than her potential and he's pissed, yet can't say that. And Sam can't say what she's actually doing.

Good thing he died/got hosted, made it all much more simple.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jacob's heel/face turn is one of the best parts of the show. "Apparently, I am the oldest and wisest amongst them" indeed!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Jacob's heel/face turn is one of the best parts of the show. "Apparently, I am the oldest and wisest amongst them" indeed!

LOL rank your top 3 Tokra.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

redshirt posted:

How have I never seen this before? Who is that guy?

It's Nero Wolfe, a great detective, and food and orchid aficionado.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

redshirt posted:

LOL rank your top 3 Tokra.

Well, Jacob, obviously

Sam's love interest was OK I guess

And the Weird Science lady tok'ra was a great chaos elemental

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Saroosh was cool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rappaport posted:

Well, Jacob, obviously

Sam's love interest was OK I guess

And the Weird Science lady tok'ra was a great chaos elemental

Is that the one with the lie detector equipment, and the smoking hot bod?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redshirt posted:

I know Dom Deluise. Who's the guy eating a cupcake?

It's one of Baal's underling goa'uld, Nerus

exact ep:https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Off_the_Grid

redshirt posted:

Furthermore, the SGC built multiple space ships. Big ones, the size of aircraft carriers. How many people worked on those projects? How many outside companies were involved?

This is a plot point, and they even end up giving that documentary crew a tour of one of the ships.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 19, 2023

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

redshirt posted:

She also gives them the bracers for super-speed that almost wind up killing SG-1

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I never watched it but my wife fuckin loves it so I've seen a few with her and it's schlocky and campy but it's good sci-fi fun. Everyone on the cast seems so happy to be part of the show and it's awesome that the Air Force actively collaborated with the showrunners.

The one where they bring on Dan Castellaneta to play a guy who stalks Colonel O'Neill and they bond over The Simpsons and the Goa'uld being like Mr. Burns had me howling.

Also really loved the body switcher where they did the you "can only swap back once" theorem WAY before Futurama did it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hazo posted:

I never watched it but my wife fuckin loves it so I've seen a few with her and it's schlocky and campy but it's good sci-fi fun. Everyone on the cast seems so happy to be part of the show and it's awesome that the Air Force actively collaborated with the showrunners.

The one where they bring on Dan Castellaneta to play a guy who stalks Colonel O'Neill and they bond over The Simpsons and the Goa'uld being like Mr. Burns had me howling.

Also really loved the body switcher where they did the you "can only swap back once" theorem WAY before Futurama did it.

Then RDA did a Simpsons episode where he mocked SG1 and lived up Macguyver.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RDA being rekidnapped just to feel the thrill of escape.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

redshirt posted:

aka "Tok'ra Barbie". I didn't mind her, but some fans really disliked her and the direction the show took in Season 6.

Top Tok'ra:

1. Jacob & Selmak (obviously)
2. Martouf & Lantash
3. Yosuf & Garshaw (leader of Tok'ra in their debut episode)

Also I feel like anyone who aggressively blabbed about the Stargate Program would've been put in a secret blacksite prison for awhile.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

aka "Tok'ra Barbie". I didn't mind her, but some fans really disliked her and the direction the show took in Season 6.

Top Tok'ra:

1. Jacob & Selmak (obviously)
2. Martouf & Lantash
3. Yosuf & Garshaw (leader of Tok'ra in their debut episode)

Also I feel like anyone who aggressively blabbed about the Stargate Program would've been put in a secret blacksite prison for awhile.

LOL at Tok'ra Barbie

Also I was surprised how little Martouf was on the show. He got dead pretty quick after his introduction.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Implausible shovels aside I'm rewatching.

My wife has seen the movie many times (her dad is a huge fan) but hasn't seen the tv episodes so we may be doing a marathon, it's all on prime it seems like.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Implausible shovels aside I'm rewatching.

My wife has seen the movie many times (her dad is a huge fan) but hasn't seen the tv episodes so we may be doing a marathon, it's all on prime it seems like.

As of now all the shows are on Prime,

Are you saying your wife has seen the movie, but not the shows? And you've seen the show{s)?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Ancients are the real villain's of Stargate. Should've used the Dakara mcguffin on them to. gently caress em.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Tony Amendola is also a gem in the show as Master Bra'tac. I always smile when I see him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDwIAJ_n7E

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

There's a part of me that has always wanted to visit the post-movie sequel novels because they apparently took a much different direction than the SG1 series did.

As dumb as this sounds, had Stargate the movie been more popular, I sort of imagined that it could have spun off into its own '90s Star Wars" by way of Sliders: The military guys just don't end up on Earth, end up fighting more crazy alien-god stuff for a few movies, and just keep trying to find the address to get them home or back to Abydos.
That was the cartoon, Stargate Infinity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIUcZifFLQE

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 20, 2023

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Aragosta posted:

Tony Amendola is also a gem in the show as Master Bra'tac. I always smile when I see him.

The season 1 finale season 2 starter double episode is a wonderful time all around, but Jack and Bra'tac discussing what is a grenade is just splendid.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Ancients are the real villain's of Stargate. Should've used the Dakara mcguffin on them to. gently caress em.

I mean this is obvious, the Ancients are wizards

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hammond, of Texas
https://i.imgur.com/iT77CBk.mp4

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

redshirt posted:

Are you saying your wife has seen the movie, but not the shows? And you've seen the show{s)?
Nah I've seen the movie like 4-5 times, but yeah she's never seen the show, shocking!

Scifi doesn't even need to be good for me to watch it, I crave it and wish there were more.

My family didn't have cable growing up so I caught most of Stargate as it aired on antenna tv and reruns, wife had cable so she had a lot more choices.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I always had a lingering interest for this show in the back of my head. My grandpa watched Atlantis whenever it was on and I'd seen parts of the movie and played the crappy Super Nintendo game. After rewatching the cheesy Roland Emmerich action flick I'll probably have to actually check it out now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

emSparkly posted:

I always had a lingering interest for this show in the back of my head. My grandpa watched Atlantis whenever it was on and I'd seen parts of the movie and played the crappy Super Nintendo game. After rewatching the cheesy Roland Emmerich action flick I'll probably have to actually check it out now.

It's legit one of the best sci fi TV shows ever.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

it's all on prime it seems like.

redshirt posted:

I thought this news was too good to be true. I just checked and Amazon wants £1.89 per episode. gently caress that.

It all used to be on Netflix too, but disappeared before I could catch all the episodes I missed on TV

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Valko posted:

I thought this news was too good to be true. I just checked and Amazon wants £1.89 per episode. gently caress that.

It all used to be on Netflix too, but disappeared before I could catch all the episodes I missed on TV

Bummer. Looks to be a US/non US thing, as I just checked Prime and it's all there with the membership.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wayne Brady as a Jaffa and getting to choke someone will always be al all-timer for me

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It moves around, it was on Hulu within the last year as well.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Anyway, I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ive got an urgo in me and its called somethingawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I think SG-1 really fell off after Season 6. It turned into everyone trying to one-up each other with "witty" dialogue, and I just lost interest in the middle of Season 7.

I'm an overworked middle-aged Dad now with no hobbies. Maybe I should finally finish it just to say that I did.

Yeah I liked season 6, but season 7 starts with a space battle where they need to shoot the reactor & Daniel is back to wear a Jedi robe and force duel the bad guy and I think he had amnesia? Yeah never should have given earth a starship felt like a different show, especially how it had warp, transporters, probably replicators… that’s like a new age of tech but everything else on earth stays the same?

I liked when they stuck with the idea that earth wasn’t important & the only thing keeping them alive was being far below the notice of galactic superpowers, so they had to carefully gather tech & allies. There was that one ep with a “bad future” that showed how easily they’d be stomped if a bad guy got their gate code.

Also liked that ep where they lost a team to a black hole, cool idea of them frequently losing teams to events wildly out of their control. That would have been an interesting idea just to have teams often going missing with no explanation & have that lead to tension & outside questions.