Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just realized Teal'c is the same dude who plays God of War and gave an incredibly long acceptance speech at the game awards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I just realized Teal'c is the same dude who plays God of War and gave an incredibly long acceptance speech at the game awards

He also voiced Magneto in X-Men: Evolution and Black Panther in the Avengers game

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

"Laconic muscly bald guy who kills gods" is some pretty niche typecasting but I'm glad he's doing it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If the gold fits :black101:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Cthulu Carl posted:

He also voiced Magneto in X-Men: Evolution and Black Panther in the Avengers game

And the guy who played Teal'c's son voiced the character Spyke

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Rewatching season 2, and I can see why it's still not super well regarded - Gamekeeper (gently caress you Barclay), Bane (bugs and inner city kids, ugh), Spirits (seriously what the gently caress were they thinking with NA shaman spirits), One False Step (weird little singing cavemen), Need ("oh poo poo we need to keep Shanks happy, give him an episode") - there's a few missteps.

But there's a loving black hole explosion AND literally the best episode ever, The Fifth Race - it's not that bad

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

2 seasons to find its footing is pretty good for a sci fi show imo. Atlantis took 2 and they had a huge head start. The similarly dated Enterprise has a really hard season 1/2.

Livo
Dec 31, 2023

He also upset Call of Duty developers so much in his recent 2023 Game Awards joke about their short campaign, they went to Twitter boosting about their far superior engagement since God of War doesn't have a multiplayer component. Yes, they actually said engagement and player metrics in their now deleted Tweets. Christopher Judge in his speech immediately followed his joke by saying Activision was yet another company he'll never work for, so he probably doesn't care anyway.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redshirt posted:

There's not a lot of sex in SG1, and it often has consequences.

You are thinking of Universe, which had weekly sex scenes. All of which if you think about for more than 5 minutes turn into massive questions of morality.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

You are thinking of Universe, which had weekly sex scenes. All of which if you think about for more than 5 minutes turn into massive questions of morality.

"Still gonna tap that"

Speaking of, CometTV is doing comedy episodes today, which features Wormhole X-Treme and 200 back to back.

Not only are they hilarious, and make fun of the show in really smart ways, I love how much the behind the scenes crew gets to shine. So many funny bits with writers and directors and stagehands, etc. I love it.

Window of Opportunity on at 4.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Martin Lloyd: "Since I work in the television industry and I don't know anything, let me go...."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Episode 10: I can't believe the concept of the first Goa'uld was introduced and resolved in a single seemingly throwaway episode. Obviously the lore here of the Asgardians and Thor is probably going to be important though. And James Earl Jones!?!?

Episode 11: I do not remember this old lady character from the movie. Michael Shanks you are a dumbass, Richard Dean Anderson you are a genious

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Tealc and bratac getting pissed over backhanded politics should have had a couple Veep type scenes. Couple of warriors arguing motions, proposing amendments, palm greasing and elbow rubbing, creative Jaffa insults between staffers.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SGA continues on, it’s pretty good! When it hits, it’s as good as SG1. However, it doesn’t hit often.

Three seasons in and Teyla finally has a plot line beyond stick fights and saying “my people” a lot. Her friendship with Ronon helps. John Shepard is kinda mean. It’s definitely the Rodney show most episodes.

Spare a thought for the stunt doubles who had to wear a Joe Flanigan wig.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Leandros posted:

Tealc and bratac getting pissed over backhanded politics should have had a couple Veep type scenes. Couple of warriors arguing motions, proposing amendments, palm greasing and elbow rubbing, creative Jaffa insults between staffers.

Teal'c, but it's Sam Richardson as Richard Splett.

Edit: poo poo, Neelix was in both of these.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 4, 2024

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Wingnut Ninja posted:

"Laconic muscly bald guy who kills gods" is some pretty niche typecasting but I'm glad he's doing it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

well why not posted:

SGA continues on, it’s pretty good! When it hits, it’s as good as SG1. However, it doesn’t hit often.

Three seasons in and Teyla finally has a plot line beyond stick fights and saying “my people” a lot. Her friendship with Ronon helps. John Shepard is kinda mean. It’s definitely the Rodney show most episodes.

Spare a thought for the stunt doubles who had to wear a Joe Flanigan wig.

Yea, I think it's another in the long line of syfy TV series of that era that succeeds because the cast works well with each other. That made a bunch of otherwise bizarre shows work for me.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

If you asked me to guess a guest star on Stargate I don't think I would have ever said Dom DeLuise. Yeah, comedians show up on sci-fi stuff all the time but DeLuise was on the whackier side. It's like having a Muppet on the show.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If you asked me to guess a guest star on Stargate I don't think I would have ever said Dom DeLuise. Yeah, comedians show up on sci-fi stuff all the time but DeLuise was on the whackier side. It's like having a Muppet on the show.

His son directed a huge chunk of the episodes and was bigly involved with all 3 series (SG-1, Atlantis & Universe)

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

For me, this was Fred Willard.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Stargate is a DeLuise family business. Even thread nemesis Pete is a DeLuise.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Thor is a puppet, not a muppet

Now the furlong

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

pixaal posted:

Thor is a puppet, not a muppet

Now the furlong

Furlong

Furling

itry
Aug 23, 2019

well why not posted:

He is? drat, they did him dirty with that terrible character.

McSpanky posted:

Furlong

Furling

lol, an easy mistake to make.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

well why not posted:

Indeed, which makes that character all the more confusing. As, you assume, he was meant to be seen in a good light, but....

Wasn't one of the Wormhole X-Treme guys another DeLuise too? Stargate is lousy with DeLuises lol.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Indeed, which makes that character all the more confusing. As, you assume, he was meant to be seen in a good light, but....

Wasn't one of the Wormhole X-Treme guys another DeLuise too? Stargate is lousy with DeLuises lol.

Yeah, the Colonel was played by Michael, the middle of the DeLuise bros. I never realized any of this before yesterday and now it's funny noticing just how often the family works together.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Micheal and Peter were also on SeaQuest together

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Cthulu Carl posted:

Micheal and Peter were also on SeaQuest together

Lol, yup. Piccolo and Dagwood. I'm ashamed I know this.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

If you like sci-fi with Muppets you should try Farscape.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

If you like sci-fi with Muppets you should try Farscape.

I dunno, seems a bit out there. Wormholes? A big no-nonsense warrior alien mourning his wife and separated from his son? Playful banter between Ben Browder and Claudia Black?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

I dunno, seems a bit out there. Wormholes? A big no-nonsense warrior alien mourning his wife and separated from his son? Playful banter between Ben Browder and Claudia Black?

Yeah you probably wouldn't like it. Sorry!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God drat, in the R'yac episode, can't believe Shanks wasted those Goa'uld larvae

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Also the government wants you to bring back tech. In these eleven or twelve episodes you have killed like at least a dozen snake men, bring them back a couple more of those fuckin staffs

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Maybourne was right!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh hell yeah, a fish man!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I kind of think they should not take Teal'c on most missions. Like 50% of the time someone thinks they are allies of the Goa'uld and everything goes sideways

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Next episode, which I will have to have for tomorrow:

A Goa'uld who had taken on the persona of the Egyptian sex goddess, Hathor, casts her deadly spell over all the men in the Stargate base

This sounds like an episode that was probably better on Showtime but I think Amazon is all the syndication cuts

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The opening credits theme is an all time banger but there's one part of the theme that kicks in that is really exciting like for an action packed moment, the credits accentuate this part of the theme by showing you the bald general in his dress uniform pointing at a whiteboard

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Next episode, which I will have to have for tomorrow:

A Goa'uld who had taken on the persona of the Egyptian sex goddess, Hathor, casts her deadly spell over all the men in the Stargate base

This sounds like an episode that was probably better on Showtime but I think Amazon is all the syndication cuts

Oh, do you get to experience the "Next time, on Stargate SG-1!" previews? Sometimes they overplay the threat to the point of humour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Oh hell yeah, a fish man!

WHAT. FATE. AMAROSA!