Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Please discuss your favorite parts of Stargate SG1.

If you can't think of anything, how about considering how many SG Teams ate it completely and were replaced, and then those replacement ate it too! And we're replaced....

I liked that it was on a UHF channel and watched cartoons on a real channel instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
oh no. I really messed up because I thought this was the MGS1 thread. Disregard everything I said

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Sure, they make mistakes, plenty of them. They're not perfect. But it's not because of incompetence or general plot stupidity.

Also the Pseudo-Egyptian people in SG-1 didn't even know what chickens were

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I'm talking literally, in that episode named Demons. The one set in the medieval religious town, and the Unas would show up and collect sacrifices.

Awesome scene. He's bathed by religious ladies, surrounded by candles. Covered in a thin shroud, and left on the altar as they pray for his soul.

And then, LO!

Great episode. I loved Sokar as the bad guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sardonik posted:

This has always been a great line but it can't help but make me curious about what the Asgard's society looked like when they were at our contemporary tech level. Did they just skip past the gunpowder part of the tech tree? Did their homeworld have radically different raw materials that caused their society to evolve in different ways? Was their society created in its current form by some kind of AyyLamo progenitor species?

I HAVE QUESTIONS, DAMNIT!

they had a big dude with a hammer, who once drank so much the sea level receded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nameless_Steve posted:

I remember making a crystal radio with my dad when I was a kid, the sheer gravity with which I inserted the crystal. Crystals were the keys to stargates, lightsabers, Xel'Naga temples...

I was so excited when we finally turned it on... but instead of secret transmissions from spy cells and aliens, the first thing we heard on it was Christina Aguilera

she better switch me chairs