Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Stargate is a loving awesome series. I never was enraptured with Star Wars, Star Trek fluctuates between fine and awful, but I like Stargate a bunch.

Like don't get me wrong, some episodes are stinkers, and it's campy and schlocky as hell, but as dumb and weird as it is it also feels weirdly grounded. And seeing how everyone grows in knowledge and procedures and stuff is so nice to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Even basic stuff like introducing stricter and more specific quarantine procedures, drones for recon before sending teams, etc. It feels realistic.

And then they have penis pistols and it's even better :kimchi:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

A flatmate and I decided to revisit the show some years ago, starting with the pilot.
We were not expecting full frontal nudity and alien worm rape!

Yeah the pilot is significantly different in tone to the rest of the series. Was not expecting it when I watched the pilot after a bunch of other episodes lol