Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
y'all are dumb.
Space Battles are like Naval battles... because it looks wicked fuckin cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

edgeman83 posted:

Parker Lewis

I hear he can't lose.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Prime Directive was a result of Kirk's shenanigans in TOS.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I bet that even if SG-2 isn't running around picking up the leftover staff weapons the SG1 leaves behind, there's definitely a NID black ops team that's doing it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm pretty sure they always close the iris after the woosh

nah, they kinda handwavy explain this when they introduce the iris.
The iris is so close to the event horizon that the whoosh doesn't form.
They regularly close the iris as they see someone is dialing in, and you hear the whoosh while the iris is closed

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

snergle posted:

mgm is owned by amazon now but they seem to just be adapting popular media to make new stuff. so i think we have a chance of seeing new stargate stuff. more so if someone could create a buzz around it that got back to the money men at amazon studios

Every few years somebody associated with the show or the original movie will pop up and say they're working on a re-boot/follow-up etc but then you hear nothing else about it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

once or twice they mention how much energy is required to dial the gate, so it's definitely expensive and they're not going to do it on a whim, except you know when they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

O'neil and Thor as the cop and prosecutor in a police procedural spin-off .

Law and Order: SG1