Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Took me until 2010 to finally watch SG-1 and Atlantis when loving the original film since it was released. I got to say the series are great. I really loved Harry Maybourne and his whole storyline. His delivery of simple lines like "C'mon Jack" are just wonderful.

Long live King Arkhan the First!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Tony Amendola is also a gem in the show as Master Bra'tac. I always smile when I see him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDwIAJ_n7E

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

pixaal posted:

My fron hurts

Try bending your kozars.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight
Found this spreadsheet someone on Reddit made if you want to get really granular about it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5T6bk5bS9LDaIVXR55-agOd_FYgTN0TZcpZDfvnMg4/pub?output=html

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

redshirt posted:

He bought them a house without even discussing it with her. So weird!

Yeah, that was super creep. Forgot about that bit.

One fun but of trivia is that the actor who played Pete is a DeLuise.

The entire DeLuise clan was involved with Stargate, thanks to Peter.

Of course Dom played Urgo, so fantastic.

Dom's son Peter directed a bunch of Stargate episodes: SG-1, Atlantis & even some Universe. He was also a producer and creative consultant on them. I think he's even on screen in an episode or two.

David DeLuise played stalker cop Pete.

Michael DeLuise played the actor portraying Jack in Wormhole Extreme!

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

redshirt posted:

Also, I know there's only so many actors in the greater Vancouver region, but really, you couldn't hire a different actor to play Dr. Weir's husband than the guy who played the Tollan Narim? The guy who had a puppy dog crush on Sam?

Very jarring to see him on SGA.

Yeah, that bothered me too.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

redshirt posted:

I can't wait till you hit the end of Season 1.

For real, those last 3 episodes are great.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

redshirt posted:

O'Neill, TWO LL's (holds up three fingers)

There's another Colonel O'Neil with one L and he has no sense of humor at all.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Armacham posted:

I saw this on Reddit so now you all have to see it

This style of art reminds me of Choose Your Own Adventure books. This one would be named Stargate SG-1: First Contact with Furlings.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If you asked me to guess a guest star on Stargate I don't think I would have ever said Dom DeLuise. Yeah, comedians show up on sci-fi stuff all the time but DeLuise was on the whackier side. It's like having a Muppet on the show.

His son directed a huge chunk of the episodes and was bigly involved with all 3 series (SG-1, Atlantis & Universe)

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Cthulu Carl posted:

Micheal and Peter were also on SeaQuest together

Lol, yup. Piccolo and Dagwood. I'm ashamed I know this.

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

FFT posted:

This is the "Rewatch Stargate SG-1 Season 2 Episode 21" page.

Missed the page, but the one thing that always bothered me about that episode was how they powered the gate. In other episodes they use a naquadah generator, naquadah bomb, organic fusion (Linea), or even lightning to power the gate for a manual dial. I don't know how much power you can get from a deuce and a half, but it seemed lacking to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

redshirt posted:

How many Trek actors have also been on a Stargate show?

Barclay, Troi, EMH, T'Pol, Trip....

Robert Picardo!

Also, how many BSG actor have been in Stargate?

Chief Tyrol, Boomer, Helo, Gaeta, Steve Bacic (Camulus, was in Razor). Probably others too, have to love that Vancouver casting pool.