Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I think they should shut the Stargate project down. Way too dangerous. Every episode is like a near fuckup and those jarheads almost get themselves killed and completely rely on MacGuyver to rig some poo poo to get them back home. But then you see why they want to do missions because life sucks on the base. I mean maybe if they used it for vacations or cheeky romps or whatever but not like this. SHUT THE STARGATE DOWN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Man this thread is getting deep, I haven't watched enough SG to even hang. I like sci-fi but I'm not like, addicted to it. :okpos:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

redshirt posted:

SG1 is the best! It's got all the crazy sci fi concepts of Star Trek while being mostly grounded in "the real world".

As someone who has watched all of Battlestar Galactica, I can say real recognize real. :okpos:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

pixaal posted:

Been awhile but I'm pretty sure they go over it in detail in an episode and give a documentary crew a tour, Google suggests it's Prometheus (also the name of the ship)

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Prometheus_(episode)

Jesus loving christ, what a space colony honeypot. Where's the gas showers they lure the remaining thinking people in the world into? :gas:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Its a wonder those guys haven't ever been cursed. Like all that poo poo they are loving with probably has a curse on it. I guess curses aren't like, modern or whatever.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Sentient Data posted:

Disease, nanobots, radiation, matter phase misalignment, mind control stuff, and temporal/dimensional shenanigans could all count as curses

:science:

mmmm, noooooot really. Like none of those are genuine protonic or proton horizon mechanics.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

pixaal posted:

There was the time Jack got really old on that planet where people live 1 year.

Well hey, I haven't seen all the stargates. That sounds more like time tricks though.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Just watched Holiday and got super pissed that they didn't just come out and say that guy on his death bed was Santa Claus. Turned it off 10 minutes early like poo poo or get off the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

redshirt posted:

Dead false gods.

All the gods are false gods in SG. They never find any better poo poo than AMERICA!!!