Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

https://i.imgur.com/RWCNF9S.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

almost1337 posted:

The time loop episode was great

Groundhog day or the one where Teal'c gets that stylish grey stripe in his hair? (on of the season finales that was intended to be a series finale but they kept going probably 8ish?)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

There was that time Carter dated that alien that made a stargate from internet sourced parts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

I love all of the SG-1's alternate universe and/or time travel episodes as well as the 2nd movie (Ba'al :argh:)

Well they have that multi-verse travel stone thingy. Using the gate to time travel seems to effect your current timeline based off events changing. There's also localized timeloops where the rest of the universe goes on unable to dial the cluster. Stargate's universe is so great in any scifi trope is attainable

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWZaTxE6D0

I think the show could have used more Nerus food reviews. Not many, but man they should have revisited this concept.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I love SG-1 government they are so believable as politicians. I thought it was over the top watching it as it came out but nope just lines right up. Oh the Airforce is full of good people who have high morals and excellent ethics though don't worry. What do you mean don't count the war crimes in Atlantis?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Not sure I agree. I doubt a real life Stargate Command would be anywhere near as moral and good as the one run by Hammond.

I mean the non military people, the government. You know Maybourne and Kinsey basically. They really seem like politicians.I don't think a real life SGC would be anywhere near as ethical as SG-1, Atlantis though yikes do they do some shoot first, make decisions for other planets.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

SG-1 was a good show, but I think it really fell off after Season 6. It turned into everyone trying to one-up each other with "witty" dialogue that I just lost interest in the middle of Season 7.

I'm an overworked middle-aged Dad now with no hobbies. Maybe I should finally finish it just to say I did.

The cast change up does find itself (just in time to get axed) they finish up the plots threads with 2 movies though! A third was planned but was shelved when Don S Davis died which meant it needed a rewrite to start filming. Still they name a ship after him in Atlantis.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I know Dom Deluise. Who's the guy eating a cupcake?

It's one of Baal's underling goa'uld, Nerus

exact ep:https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Off_the_Grid

redshirt posted:

Furthermore, the SGC built multiple space ships. Big ones, the size of aircraft carriers. How many people worked on those projects? How many outside companies were involved?

This is a plot point, and they even end up giving that documentary crew a tour of one of the ships.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 19, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It moves around, it was on Hulu within the last year as well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rappaport posted:

Ask me again tomorrow

My fron hurts

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'd like to a game about exploring using the gates from almost nothing, just you are in charge of Alpha site, the gate opens radio transmits "burn all IDCs, foothold" go from there. Want to find other humans as allies? focus on linguistics, want some tech? Build your team and maybe get around to saving Earth if you feel like it. In my head it's looking like the current version of No Man Sky a bit. Take the base building and yeah just take that piece maybe some other pieces end up working well but I still would use it as a solid starting of what works in similar games (and due to the update history you have a ton of examples of what doesn't and why!)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Remember when they were firefighters?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

itry posted:

It's a shame that (iirc) they didn't go into further detail into what being born with thousands of years of memories does to one's psyche. The Tok'ra existing at all is some sort of a small miracle.
There was that Harcesis thing, but it's not the same. He had the luxury of refusing those memories. I'm thinking more of something from the point of view of a symbiote.

This is why I really want a reboot if they pick it back up and not continuing this universe. Let's explore a goa'uld dominated universe in more detail please.

Do allow for cameos using that awesome dimensional stone thing though!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

never forget the first episode where they recruit the guy because he was playing the Stargate MMO (which was a real thing but never came out)

Yeah I believe the watch thread was calling him fat goon, and Rush was Baltar lite.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

itry posted:

I think what I dislike most about S9/S10 (besides the universe shrinking to a gaggle of smugglers, one medievalesque set, and Earth) is the almost complete lack of Zats. It's like whoever ran the last two seasons had something against them.
Every memeber of SG-1 should have their rifle plus sidearm, a zat, and the complementary brick of C4 :colbert:

Shanks loving hated the Zats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGFz3X8PqKM

After seeing this I love looking for people pulling the trigger on it and effects missing it. It's a fun little game.

this should be the full version if you want to listen to the entire thing it's pretty good but an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36uLLJPa61Y

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 9, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Agreed. I was also thinking why didn't SGC use Jaffa staff weapons more, or a modified form of them. Because certainly they could have got their hands on a lot of them.

They go over the staff weapon base multiple times, it's a weapon of terror and actually sucks for killing it's about making burns that fester. Like that episode where they are training the Jaffa with P90s specifically

ef;b clip from same episode as above removed

Modified ones I still have no idea why because yeah you should be able to modify one to be much more deadly their power source lasts hundreds of years.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Speaking of Lockheed Martin, how in the world did they build such huge spacecraft so quickly AND still keep it secret?

I mean, those are aircraft carrier sized constructions right? Would have involved thousands of workers.

Been awhile but I'm pretty sure they go over it in detail in an episode and give a documentary crew a tour, Google suggests it's Prometheus (also the name of the ship)

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Prometheus_(episode)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Overdog posted:

Its a wonder those guys haven't ever been cursed. Like all that poo poo they are loving with probably has a curse on it. I guess curses aren't like, modern or whatever.

There was the time Jack got really old on that planet where people live 1 year.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

That episode where Carter offers up her Dad to the "good" Go'uld.

The cure for cancer, a snake in the head

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

writers wanting to make Jack / Sam work was annoying they have been through too much poo poo together to have that kind of relationship. I could see them ending up next door neighbors that have dinner as a group most nights though.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

That blows. Weird too because Amazon owns MGM which owns the Stargate franchise.

It's all available on American Amazon.

It has moved streaming services several times in the last few years though, I've done complete watches on Netflix, and Hulu

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I've just started watching Atlantis and I'm having a hard time with him. He's a liability on away missions both strategically and diplomatically. He's an rear end in a top hat to his colleagues. Sure he's wicked smart and does save the day, but.....

He has a turning point I haven't watched Atlantis seriously since it aired, it was on while I was drinking and poo poo posting for a bit but not enough to catch the episode order or really try and nail down when it happened.

I think it's the episode where he becomes really really stupid due to the parasite.

Rodney is completely terrible in SG-1

But Weir isn't even played by the same actor in Atlantis as she was in SG-1

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Eeyo posted:

I liked the first weir better. Never watched atlantis though so maybe the second actor gets good too, I only saw her on the handful of SG1 appearances.

She eventually fucks off and turns into a replicator ambassador or something and Woolsey takes over

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Biplane posted:

I liked Atlantis a lot

So many war crimes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Biplane posted:

The episode where the scottish guy dies was really sad

which time?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I seem to remember this coming up in the one of the episodes, might have been a clipshow where the window dressing is telling you all the poo poo they had to cover up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

ChairmanMauzer posted:

So I never really got into Atlantis when it was airing, but since I've been doing this SG1 re-watch I thought I'd check it out.

What's the best way to integrate Atlantis into a SG-1 re-watch? Just alternate seasons after they introduce the Atlantis subplot on SG-1?

Pirate both shows and set them to play alternating episodes like the original run!
It watches fine just doing SG-1 then doing Atlantis and going to be the easiest,

If you want the real experience, because there's a few episodes where something happening in one show effects the other in small ways.
You could do alternating seasons but usually what match up are finales, so watch the openers back to back and the finales back to back switching for the mid season is gonna be a slog though if you do that.

I mean worst case you just go "oh that's solves that problem conveniently" when it was actually a season long arc in the other show.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

I'm not even bothering. Like I just watched an Atlantis episode that had some SG:1 characters in it, and I can assume the corresponding SG:1 episode had a reference, but it's too much work to alternate.

Also, no one does clip shows like Stargate. Sometimes they are legitimately good.

100 and 200, if you skip them you are missing some of the best.

Not be be confused with 100 days

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Universe was BSG lite, the first season spends most of its time establishing how hosed they are and they just spend too long doing it. Season 2 it finds legs and starts working. Then it's done. I really feel like universe was going to be great if it kept going. It's like firefly a start with no middle or ending.

Baltar lite is annoying for most of it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I haven't listened to them but BigFinish audio has audio plays set in the stargate universe with the original actors playing their role.
This has Daniel and Teal'c
https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/stargate-sg-1-series-01-2-collected-2677

full cast audio dramas are not cheap by the way. I have listened to other things by BigFinish, they do really good work.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 24, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

alexandriao posted:

Also, SG-1 predicted Trump,

down to the mannerisms.

He always reminded me of McConnel, has that turtle look

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Armacham posted:

S7E6 Lifeboat. Michael Shanks gets like 5 alien consciousnesses invading his brain and has to talk with all the different voices like a DM.

Is this the one with the line there's a democracy in my head or something? I think whoever ends up with all of them in their head says it not Daniel.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 29, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

itry posted:

I'm sure I'll be able to answer that once I actually recall who or what Pete is.

The cop that Sam dated. I think he may have had her followed or followed her for not buying her cover story. I might be mixing that plot point up with Breaking Bad now that I'm thinking of it but he was totally a cop!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Aragosta posted:

There's another Colonel O'Neil with one L and he has no sense of humor at all.

It's the Jack from the movie, check the credits

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

When Teal'c comes back from 1969 he never brings up the war with Canada again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

?? I mean other than the overwhelming guilt of being First Prime to Apophis for years...

But that random villager forgave him after a trial saying that man was dead, and this was a different man that just looked like him.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/r9wNovO.mp4

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Perhaps the greatest moment in the show.

But isn't it from a clipshow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Make a budget new season that takes place in 2023 the entire season is clip show style other than getting actors to take up their old roles for a grand total of 2 hours of window dressing on 20 hours of reruns. It will be the greatest TV made this year.