Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I liked Momoa as Ronan. His rough acting felt like it matched up to him being a fish out of water on Atlantis. I think he made the awkward "I don't know what i'm doing" acting work for the "I don't know what i'm doing" character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

For some reason I really hate "A Matter of Time" the black hole episode.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I can't remember, did they ever do a Christmas episode?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I've seen all of SG1 multiple times and Atlantis at least twice and yet I have only seen 2.5ish episodes of Universe. I get bored and annoyed. Does it ever improve enough that I should try again?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If any of you have not watched "Killjoys" and can find it somewhere you should give it a go. It's a lot of dumb fun with a solid full series plot line.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

snergle posted:

speaking of cancelled scifi shows i liked. i wish dark matter got more time to shine.

Dark Matter seemed to be going off the rails which could have ended up good or bad. I'm glad they didn't kill Killjoys prematurely.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I remember liking Continuum but nothing about the plot.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Community did a clip show or two with new footage.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Stranger Things started strong but then the fanbase was all YAY NOSTALGIA and they leaned more into that than the plot.

I don't give a gently caress about period accurate pudding give me a good story and i'll somehow suspend disbelief.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

redshirt posted:

God help me the thought has entered my head of getting a little model Prometheus or Daedalus

I'll get a Mothership and our moms can arrange a playdate.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

The SGC playset has a lot of fun tunnels

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

snergle posted:

i tried watching the first episode and it didnt hook me like the first episode of sg1 did. I may come back to it though after i watch the 2-3 shows i want to catch up on. what we do in shadows reservation dogs and ive heard loudermilk is really good. just gotta get my brothers phone only netflix to watch the third one. I have commercial hulu so i can watch the first two in the mean time

What We Do in the Shadows is pretty solid for 4 seasons and the fifth is just kinda good? I bounced off and on Reservation Dogs a few times but i'm glad I watched it. Loudermilk is mostly excellent but the quality drops in season 3.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Hathor, via magic horny dust

It looks like she's bathing in boiled pizza. Yum.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

ScreenDoorThrillr posted:

Larvae don't look like larvae on film, you have to use pizza

Oh that makes sense, thanks!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If you are detectable in space you done hosed up and will get destroyed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_forest_hypothesis

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I was at a local fish store the other day and they had a tank ornament shaped like a Stargate and it was on sale but $25 was a bit rich for me still. :(

https://www.amazingamazon.com.au/products/bioscape-stargate-portal-aquarium-ornament

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

FFT posted:

You could get a slightly shorter but fully-featured one for about the same price but probably don't put batteries in it: amazon link

Maybe stuff the battery compartment with tungsten weights or something because it might float.

That is apparently a bundle of unassembled wood parts that fit badly and you need to paint. And then it'd have to be carefully sealed against water. There are aquarium safe LEDs that could probably be swapped in but... No. too much effort for something that's gonna rot in an aquarium no matter what you do. Also we aquarium people use lead weights.

Lead exposure keeps me healthy. Mithridatism rules.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I am watching this for the first time.

There are SO MANY random cameos. The show was made in Vancouver I think? And I'm jealous that you get to watch it for the first time and also eager to see what you think. It's good!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

If you asked me to guess a guest star on Stargate I don't think I would have ever said Dom DeLuise. Yeah, comedians show up on sci-fi stuff all the time but DeLuise was on the whackier side. It's like having a Muppet on the show.

If you like sci-fi with Muppets you should try Farscape.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I dunno, seems a bit out there. Wormholes? A big no-nonsense warrior alien mourning his wife and separated from his son? Playful banter between Ben Browder and Claudia Black?

Yeah you probably wouldn't like it. Sorry!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

redshirt posted:

OK I have some basic Stargate questions that might embarrass me but I'm gonna ask anyways:

Does "The Woosh" go both ways when a gate is dialed?
If so, how can the Iris possibly work? Or is the iris only activated once the wormhole is established?
Also, how does the Gate know when to shutdown?

Stargates can stay open for 38 minutes UNLESS you can provide a LOT of power.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What are the shipping names? I would assume:

O'Neal'c (the most common I assume)
Teal'carter (I bet this is the rarest ship)
JackJackson
Danieal'c
Samiel
Danielle
Jackarter

Nobody is so crass as to write Stargate fanfic. It's disrespectful. Any and all ships are kept private so as to make this not weird and full of drama for everyone.

(Frasier/Vala and Hammond/Bra'Tac and Woolsey/anyone obviously)

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 15, 2024

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

It's amazing that they don't have any Mental Health people on staff except for that one Psychologist on Atlantis. Frasier just fed people sedatives and hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

He was a lot easier to take seriously once he grew out his hair and they stopped putting him in a golden swim cap.

Here he's accessorizing with the Borg 7 of 9 face implant collection. A bold choice, as he must depend upon his worm and coffin to keep the nanobots at bay. The Replicators went after him in order to eradicate the Borg nanobots.