Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MikeJF posted:

on one hand it was cool seeing earth tech up but on the other hand I do kinda miss the show before they just had a full on spacefleet and could fight battles with it and stuff

I liked the era where they were trying to catch up but mainly just strapping on stuff that they found and didn't really understand how it worked at all, there should've been more of that.

You can't just slap a US Air Force sticker on the side of a Death Glider and call it yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Rappaport posted:

I honest to Ba'al can't place 'em in any particular order, but my favourites:

-Window of Opportunity for sure. You are not the only one who must endure some discomfort, etc.
-Season 1 end season 2 opener two-parter. This is where the show really kicks off its shoes and opens a bottle of bourbon.
-The black hole episode. It's a bit on the drama side, but I get a kick out of the time dilation gag and how it gives Hammond, of Texas, a head-ache.
-1969. A good year!
-Season five, "Fail Safe". It's an existential threat to all of Earth, but the episode is a straight-up comedy show. I am confident. As am I.

Okay that's five, that's good enough. I also like Ba'al in general, and while I missed Jack in the last two seasons, Vala is a good source of humour for a lot of that run. Mitchell is a bit eh.

Sadly it's their job to touch the weird alien stuff on the plinths :smith: The huge cathode ray tube sets are pretty funny these days (Daniel's screen saver :allears:), but the show wasn't on quite long enough to have the kind of transition shows like :doink: SVU does. In the first season, you have the detectives answering cord phones, staring at CRT screens, and Munch faxing poo poo back and forth. 20+ years later and everybody's just using their smart phones to do all the evidence collecting that doesn't require the coroner or a rape kit.

These are all great and I feel the same; I also really love the two Aschen episodes, 2010 and 2001. It's so satisfying when the Aschen realize they're on to them, try to trap them, and then ultimately we find out at the end that all the gate addresses are bad, starting with the black hole from "A Matter of Time" I think.