Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I enjoyed Stargate as it came out, but when I tried rewatching it a few years ago I got unreasonably angry on an early episode where the natives of a "gravel pit planet" were using shovels and picks completely implausibly. (As if the actors had never dug anything before ever)

Like I can suspend disbelief for the rest of Stargate episodes but that got me mad for some reason.

I'm willing to try again with the rewatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

redshirt posted:

Give me more context so I can look this up. Early season, late season? What was the overall plot?
I think it was season 1, where traveling about was still new uncharted territory.

A little after or before they demonstrate guns, maybe it was a jungle planet and they were just digging gravel.

Yeah that seems familiar.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 18, 2023

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Implausible shovels aside I'm rewatching.

My wife has seen the movie many times (her dad is a huge fan) but hasn't seen the tv episodes so we may be doing a marathon, it's all on prime it seems like.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

redshirt posted:

As of now all the shows are on Prime,

Are you saying your wife has seen the movie, but not the shows? And you've seen the show{s)?
Nah I've seen the movie like 4-5 times, but yeah she's never seen the show, shocking!

Scifi doesn't even need to be good for me to watch it, I crave it and wish there were more.

My family didn't have cable growing up so I caught most of Stargate as it aired on antenna tv and reruns, wife had cable so she had a lot more choices.