Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm definitely worried that they are going to just terminate childhood vaccinations soon. There have already been calls from several GOP legislators to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

His campaign has been dead in the water since it started

He's just really offputting when you see him speak or interact with people, and Trump offers essentially the same thing that DeSantis does, so the GOP base doesn't have a reason to support DeSantis

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-ron-desantis-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-anheuser-busch/

So, I don't see how this goes anywhere. Investment involves risk and generally shareholders don't get to sue a company for making business decisions that negatively impact the stock price, unless fraud was involved. I think that's how it works anyway. But the governor will be happy to piss away taxpayer dollars on this.
No they have absolutely no standing here. It's just throwing more red meat to his base.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I do wonder if he’s going to face more resistance from some other politicians here in his own party next year, because presumably he’s not going to win the nomination. A lot of his ‘allies’ are mostly on his side on the assumption that he may be President someday and they want to make him happy. I think that could change if he just comes crawling back to FL next year as a lame duck governor

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

i say swears online posted:

yeah I think him dropping out after coming in 4th in Iowa then limping back to finish his last two years could be the end of his career. he's republican kamala
His other problem is that FL has two GOP Senators already, so he can’t do what Rick Scott did and just run for Senate after two terms as governor

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It just seems to me like more conservative leaning Hispanics in South Florida are REALLY into the Trump poo poo

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Assuming the abortion and recreational cannabis amendments get enough signatures to get on the ballot, which they almost certainly will, what are the ways the FL Supreme Court or legislature could ratfuck them? Is there any way they could raise the threshold past the already high 60%?
They can't raise that, it's in the state constitution. However, the FL SC could find ways to disqualify the amendments from the ballot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Well they could try to raise it via a ballot amendment but I suspect that would work as well as it seems to be going in Ohio. I guess the more pressing concern is does the FL SC find a bullshit reason? They might; aren't most of them DeSantis appointees?
Yes the majority are DeSantis' appointees.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

LordSloth posted:

Lol, I’m watching the local news talk about the educational curriculum and the head of the Democratic youth council took his time to push back against the progressive wing. How loving long will we run Charlie Christ and his clones?
Until half the state sinks into the ocean

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's actually gotten a lot worse since 2010 by a fair magnitude

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’m still blown away that Florida schools won’t allow college psychology and African American studies but will flat out use lies from Dennis Prager.
They just want to reform the school system in this state to be a re-education factory

Look at what they are doing to New College and you can get an idea of what they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Once again they are making lists