Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Shrecknet posted:

I grew up in Miami/SoFla in the 80s and 90s then bounced around the state in the 2000s for college to work, and it really can't be overemphasized what a colossal difference the two areas are. Miami-Dade is a cool, hip and multicultural metro area with progressive values and all the trappings that come with modern society. But as the saying goes, "the further north you go, the further south you get." By the time you hit even Boynton Beach you're in horse-and-truck country, and the actual screeching, hooting lunatics with 50' Trump flags start showing up around Okeechobee.

In a sensible world, the Keys/Miami/maaaybe Ft Lauderdale would have balkanized into their own state, leaving the rest of Florida to rot as part of "the south."

As it stands, I have no idea how you reconcile a state so full of hateful, screeching olds (for god's sake, @catturd2 lives there) with anything resembling a society planning for the future. But I guess that's always been the way of Florida - the state is so old and so full of retirees from elsewhere that they consider any planning for the future to be a waste since it isn't their kids doing the dying.

Speaking of Catturd lol
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1691964277874143698?t=_E_LOcZ1Pld6-6looVoKvg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU