Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I worked for the postal service in March 2020. I feel like I was the last one who knew about the pandemic, 70 hour weeks will do that to you.

All I remember is people asking if I had gloves on while delivering thier Amazon Sunday hoarder supplies and being chased by a Rottweiler.

People were definitely driving dumber than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm a dirty daysider and I couldn't imagine sitting in a Cafe for more than 5 minutes

24 were great for people who like to stock overnight without dealing with customers

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Lmao if you honestly think younger people are lazy.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
One of my best co-worker buddies couldn't get the shot cuz he has an auto immune problem maybe and his mommy wouldn't let him.

He was sick a LOT but couldn't tell us why beyond If I get the shot it will make me sicker.

Like ok bro but you're wheezing and streaming tears down your face and we work with food.

I drove myself and another co-worker to get jabbed and we got 50 bucks each

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
They took away our condiment station at caseys for covid and maybe that's part of the reason my brain is broken.

But it also might be because after they took it away customers had to come ask us for pickles and ketchup and there's only 2 employees working why are you coming behind the counter trying to get it yourself.

I'm trying to get these warmers filled as fast as I can but our GM is loving someone in the bathroom so don't go back there either.

I guess I'm a bit more irritated now remembering it.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Like I that's part of retail work but come on

Anyway they shitcanned me because I stopped caring.

If you can gently caress your newest boyfriend behind the washing machine I can rest for 5 minutes after doing your work too.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I feel you. Lots more just not bothering you use thier turn signals, zig-zaging between cars.

Like wtf man you're gonna cause an accident

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Not to mention the drivers who were hired with no training and the gently caress you got mine mindset.

Do you have a license? Can you drive? OK get behind this wheel and car 4 tons, we have a supply shortage!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'd rather you be a slower driver and respect the boundaries instead of trying to get ahead of everyone.

The posted speed limit is 35 and people out there being an rear end going 55, not paying attention to lights and almost rear ending me.

Yeah I drive like a grandma, but who the gently caress do you think you are?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Wherever you're trying to get to isn't more important than the other 4 families you almost smashed into.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm talking residential streets, not highways.

It's a crowded, public area, be careful.

If you want to go 70 or 100 go ahead. But not next to schools, homes and places people are just trying to walk.

That yield for pedestrian sign might as well not even be there.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
No need to rev up your truck to max to cross 400 yards.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
What, you beat me to the next stoplight? Good you.

Don't give me the finger.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I saw some dipshit run over the yield sign at work AGAIN today.

It might not be covid related but bitch this is a parking lot. That sign flew like 20 feet and coulda killed someone.

If I die at Target I'm gonna be an angry rear end ghost, what an embarrassing headline.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Interlocks suck because if you really want to drink and drive, you'll find someone to blow for you.

My daughter's grandma worked for an interlock company.

Guess who got thier license taken away permanently for multiple strikes?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
When the vaccine first came out I got the J&J one before they pulled it.

Drove my buddy who doesn't drive with me because he wanted it too.

I did have some pretty severe chills that night, hot/cold flashes and some bad arm pain, but that's how I knew it WAS working.

He didn't have any effects that I know of but guess what? Neither of us have caught covid and we made jokes asking where our free 5G was the next morning.

We also got 50 bucks from our employer

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sure did!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
And maybe that's what it was? It was before things like test kits were available at every store.

I studied alot about viruses and animal transmission ect waaaay before covid so I already knew to keep my distance, wash my hands after I cough, yawn, rub my eyes or whatever.

But that doesn't stop customers from giving you thier nasty dollar bills and shoving it in your face screaming about how it's just as good as gold.

Or the co-worker night next to you whole declines to do it at least for the 50 bucks, then gets right in your face about how it's all a conspiracy.

It's very possible I had it before I knew it but I did try my damndest to protect the people around me I actually cared about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Also we work in food, man, you should be washing your hands more anyway.

Don't bitch to me about losing your house and you won't even take a free 50 bucks to keep others safe.