Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
First thing for me was my job. I was a computer toucher for a company that sells yachts. Not emergency water vehicles. Not fishing boats that people use to make a living. Toys for rich, typically white, entitled cocksuckers to play with. Let's ignore the fact that the owners and probably the entire board were heavy Trumpers, though it didn't help. So, I'm not exactly an "essential" worker. Tough poo poo, apparently. I was called by my boss to make my way to the office and grab equipment to get things set up so the accounting people can commute 30+ miles to a secondary location, where they can be spaced out 6ft apart. Isn't that the situation they are currently in? gently caress you. No. Can't they work remotely from home? No, they aren't smart enough to figure that out, and even if they were, we don't want them to get used to the idea of working out of the office. Fine. I'm not going to win this argument. I head off to work.

Now, keep in mind that this office was located in basically a state run park off the coast of Lake Michigan, and inside the boundaries of a Marina that the company did not own. In an attempt to get in to the office, there was a police barricade blocking the road. I called my boss saying, hey, the road is blocked, what exactly the gently caress did you expect me to do. He expected me to move the barricade, and then keep driving in to the office. What if a cop sees me and stops me. Tell him your essential. I should have quit then and there, but there was no indication as to what the gently caress was happening, and I was way too paranoid about not being able to find other work. Took me two more years to find another job.

In addition to that, I lost my best friend of 25+ years thanks to COVID brain worms. Honestly it was probably going to happen anyway as he was turning chuddy since he was an adult. And we were really tight. He was totally ride or die, if you needed him to do whatever, he would be there as fast as humanly possible. Moving, money, an extra set of hands, however he could be helpful he was there. And then COVID came and we didn't get to see each other much. Then the vaccines came and he decided to not get one and not make his family get them either. He has 2 kids, and his wife is a teacher.

I asked if he was not getting the vaccine because of religious reasons (Not my bag, but it would be something). Nope. I asked if he had been getting his kids vaccinated against other viruses. Yup. So what was different about this one? "It's not safe". Hell of a lot loving safer than getting COVID. "It's not been tested". 8 billion people are lining up to get it. It's as tested as it's going to get. No one is growing a third arm out of their forehead. "I just don't trust it." Well, too loving bad. I'm so glad that you think your freedom takes precedence over my immunocompromised wife's life.

So yeah, I'm probably broken as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Treecko posted:

When the vaccine first came out I got the J&J one before they pulled it.

Drove my buddy who doesn't drive with me because he wanted it too.

I did have some pretty severe chills that night, hot/cold flashes and some bad arm pain, but that's how I knew it WAS working.

I had covid before the shot came out. Fairly mild but went through a few weeks of fever, chills, aches - basic stuff.

A few months later I got the J&J shot, and for the next day or so I got all the symptoms, but it was like going through it in fast forward.