Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bad Purchase posted:

i think it also fixed some brains

a ton of restaurants and stores reduced their hours and they haven't gone back. i'm in the suburbs, and even though it sucks for me as a night owl that nothing is open past 9 pm here (even the former 24 hour walmart closes at 11 now), i can't imagine it was ever worth it for stuff to be open that late. probably better for the employees as well, though i'm sure there are some who liked the late nights and miss it.

A lot of local diners I frequented pre-pandemic were open breakfast-lunch-dinner which was alright by me because sometimes I would visit for dinner there, too. A lot of them have since dropped dinner hours and are only open until around 2 to 4 pm now, and it never struck me as odd until I realized that every time I went in the late afternoon, the places were dead. Likewise, a few other local restaurants have switched to lunch and dinner only for the same reason (no one goes for breakfast).

I think the pandemic helped a lot of restaurants realize that if a particular time of business isn’t profitable or worth staying open for, then they can close earlier. I’ve spoken with a few of the owners and workers and they seem genuinely happier and love having the mornings of afternoons to spend with their family and friends instead of staying at a dead restaurant until closing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU