Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

MrQwerty posted:

Some of them make you blow-suck-blow, some of them make you hum while you blow, most of them make you randomly retest while you're driving in traffic. If you have enough DWIs or get caught having someone else blow here they can mandate you a super-expensive one that has a selfie camera installed in your car. All of this is a constant drain on your battery, too, and disconnecting the battery from them can immobilize the car.

I knew a chick that had a regular one and she forgot the perfume rule and had to call in to work in order to go pay $80 at a lab to take an ETG so her PO didn't throw her in jail for a week. Again, the sentiment behind having them as standard equipment is understandable and good, but they're not actually a device you want to interact with on a daily basis under any circumstances, which is part of the point.

Yea, they really suck. I used hand sanitizer after filling up my gas tank when I first got the interlock. There goes $80.

I wasn't even charged with a DUI, but that was my punishment for sleeping in my car while intoxicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU