Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
What’s some stuff/people/businesses that git broke brains because of the pandemic?

And I don’t mean just crazy people.

I think streaming is one, seems like it exploded during the pandemic and a bunch of execs bet everything on it staying that way.

While the tiny theater in my city managed to get through the pandemic, the giant one is now a (even more than before) depressing shell where they serve hot dogs from rollers and just have a bag of buns out in a plastic bag. Like they just gave up. They have 9 monitors above the concessions counter and they’re all turned off all the time.

My dad broke but in a positive direction, the combination of trump getting elected and seeing how anti-mask people responded to Covid completely rewired his brain into becoming a leftist after being a Reagan-it’s his entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
A lab I have to go to for blood draws just got rid of reception during Covid and replaced it with self-service. It’s terrible. The idea is you checkin and leave, and come back at an assigned time. People just wind up waiting in the cramped room.

They used to have a ‘navigator’ to help people figure stuff out. They’ve since fired that person and now it’s just a confusing mess.

That lab never gonna have a receptionist ever again.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Ars Arcanum posted:

Call me selfish or a sell-out or whatever, but I need my sanity intact.

Sincerely, sounds totally reasonable and good for you to take care of yourself

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Seeing how fast we could get shot done was a depressing affirmation of all my worst beliefs. We really do just let poo poo get bad when we can fix it.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Also this thread can be for good brain breaking as well, I know it’s easier for us to talk about the bad ones.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Good job fam, glad for you

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Remote dr visits are incredible. If my partner didn’t insist on picking out produce their self, I’d absolutely still be doing grocery pick up.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Just enjoy our homegrown broke brains

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Bad Purchase posted:

condiment stations didn’t go away where i am in FL, but we’re also a buncha nasty freaks out here

Condiment stations should never be. They were always a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
You got 50 bucks? I didn’t get poo poo