Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It was really weird back in the first few weeks when you genuinely didn't know that it wouldn't just float in through an open window and get you. I mean maybe you did if you tried to follow the research on still-living twitter. Glad I was able to keep zen about it (and stress half to death about work instead)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I don't know if we're talking very different speeds of road but in Europe it would be very rare for someone who wasn't drunk to veer off of one of these (40mph)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Can you not uh... fit a plate reader to the light and fine any vehicle that runs a red?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Privatisation wins again! I'm pretty sure traffic fines make up half the budget of a british local council :v:

Never heard of anyone getting caught barreling through a pedestrian crossing who hadn't obviously done it though. Except the odd person moving to let an ambulance past.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The come together moment was genuinely nice though :unsmith:

Also the realisation that for all the normalisation of "we cannot inconvenience Business, our hands are tied" politics, no actually you can slam down on every non essential job with a week's notice and life goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think a lot of people did come together to help each other - it's just a bizarre crisis in which helping often meant staying at home where no one can see you.