Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I lost my sense of smell entirely for several years due to a severe head injury, and I can confirm that it wasn't that bad to deal with. It eventually came back, although it will probably never be as sharp as it was before the skull fractures.

I had oropharyngeal (back of the tongue) cancer last year and the heavy-duty chemo combined with 36 rounds of targeted radiation destroyed most of my sense of taste - I can’t taste anything sweet at all, can’t taste ground meat of any kind(but steak is still tasty), and a bunch of other stuff is tasteless.

I get a little sad occasionally when I think about never biting into a tasty juicy hamburger or drinking a chocolate milkshake, but considering the alternative was a painful death by suffocation, I’m ok with it. Plus I lost about 60lbs(which I needed to lose) and it’s easy to keep it off when junk food and fast food isn’t an option.

Was terrified of getting Covid during the period when my immune system was complete dogshit, especially since most of my co-workers were anti-maskers, but I was lucky and didn’t get it until a couple months ago. It only lasted a couple days, probably because I was vaxxed and boosted. They asked me at the doctor’s ‘Is your sense of taste affected?’ and I’m all ‘I really have no idea’.😁

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU