Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I hate that walmart isn't 24 hours. I really enjoyed doing my shopping after 12.

Same, not enough places offer tism quiet hours so I always shopped at 2am to avoid all the noise and crowds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

CaptainSarcastic posted:

:thunk:

Or maybe society could recognize there are more chronotypes than just goddamn morning people.

It's me the local night owl. I prefer nighttime from the scenery to the nonexistent crowds. If it weren't for keeping my schedule with someone else I'd go right back to waking up at 7pm.
It's something like, 20% of people? So the idea that, "normal people shouldn't have to work these shifts for night time people" is pretty absurd, plenty of night people to work those shifts as they're already on them.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I was declared essential as a college custodian, but I took off the first 6 months because my roommate was immuno compromised. She left, and I went back to work only to get into a nasty rollover accident weeks later. Then, to kick my teeth in, I lost my apartment, got covid after being vaxed, and have had sinus/throat issues ever since.