Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Triikan posted:

If we as a society decide that the speed limit is not high enough, we should get together and fix it. This whole system of "just go with the flow" or "10/15/20 over is fine" is just stupid. My state codified the stupid and it's illegal to go slower than somebody else in the left lane. A guy got two tickets on a single stretch of I 70, one for obstructing traffic and one for speeding, both for going the same speed. gently caress that poo poo. Just raise the limit or go to some Autobahn style poo poo where the limits are conditional.

Whats the worst is when you get these trucks that are going relatively the same speed, and then one truck sees a car trying to pass and then decide for no good reason to overtake the truck in front of it. Maybe they're playing traffic cop and they don't want a car going fast or some poo poo IDK. But whatever broke brained poo poo it is, they switch lanes and go like .1mph faster than the other rig, so it takes a total of like 15 minutes to overtake the other truck, blocking both lanes. The net result is they get to their destination like 0 minutes faster or slower and lose or gain 0 dollars for getting their payload to its destination and minute or two slower/faster. Maybe it's like some gearing/fuel efficiency thing. But if that's the point of it, they should increase the national average from 55mph, which was derived from a FUEL EFFICIENCY model, when most cars had like 3 on the tree or 4 on the floor. Most modern cars get optimum fuel efficiency between 70 and 80 mph on open stretches nowadays, and going slower is costing people money now. Nobody drives the actual speed limit until they spot a cop on the highway, like anywhere anymore. Blocking the whole road actually is considered false imprisonment in a lot of places now, and it's like, if you wanna pass, you gotta hit the gas. You don't just get to drive in the passing lane all the time at 2mph over the speed limit because you have an expensive car or some poo poo, which is the mentality of a lot of people. It's like a shot to their ego to just coast in the slow lane, like they literally view the passing lane as the "privileged" persons lane now, not the actual "I want to drive faster" lane. It would be like walking amongst the donkeys and gypsy caravans for them to drive in the regular lane or something. And now they can get pulled over in a lot of places for doing that poo poo so GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

I think if we ever had a zombie problem the best thing to do would be to slowly integrate them back into society. I mean how many people do you know that you don't really like, and how many brains does a zombie need to eat in a week? Like 1 or 2. So nbd better than an uprising. Just let them "uggghhhmmmmpphhrrr" and "aaaawwwwgghhhhhhh" and whatever makes them happy because man, we are all in this together. :dukedog:

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

Dick Fontaine posted:

op only has half a brain and they’re out there just giving it away on the street corner

They zombies did get to me a little, but I was able to sooth and calm them with kindness. Most of it is there though dudde. Hey I'd like to introduce you to a zombie friend of mine, they're cool don't worry. :wink: