Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Covid broke my brain.

Covid made me realize there's a 6th stage of grief. Call it the "lol/lmao" stage. It's when you've been at acceptance for a while, but you're surrounded by people still in denial.

e: still haven't got it. N95s save lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Is that where "Whatever, I'll just sit back and watch the world burn just to prove I was right this whole time" fits in? Because I've been like that with covid and climate change for a while now.

No one's going to listen anyway, so might as well :munch:

:hmmyes:

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Violet_Sky posted:

Covid made me realize society hated disabled/sick people.

Samesies. Also that our public health institutions really only exist to protect capital and themselves. E.g. the WHO refusal to acknowledge airborne transmission, the FDA punishing the Seattle Flu Study for cross-checkkng their samples for covid, the CDC halving the isolation period when the CEO of Delta asked them too, etc...

DickParasite fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 17, 2023

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

A Fancy Hat posted:

"I'll never work again, please do not contact me again".

This is exactly what I'll do when I quit or retire or whatever so either this dude's totally healthy or I'm as broken as he is.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Earwicker posted:

i know they exist on twitter or bluesky or whatever but i have never encountered that in real life. and i live in like one of the most stereotypically politically progressive areas of the country

Same thing happens to vegans. It's like a weird simulacra or something where the intent caricature becomes more real than reality.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bad Purchase posted:

i've heard multiple people say they were able to lose weight because food stopped tasting good, silver lining i guess?

A married couple I know no longer eat at restaurants because the wife lost her sense of taste. It's been great for their budget!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
A lot of Americans would rather half the world (or more) die from climate change than give up eating meat.