Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Why would we not simply accept that rate of death as the new normal?

We will soon enough. I don't know what the alternative could be. Trying to tell a certain segment of the population that big trucks are killing pedestrians so we need to put limitations on them will only make them buy bigger and bigger trucks when some chud says it's woke.

I stopped letting my daughter cross the major intersection by our house because we live in the Midwest and people keep getting killed crossing the street.

Luckily, the banks and health care companies are buying up all the property so there's nothing worth risking it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I'm so glad my almost 70 year old Dad has degrees in chemistry and pharmacy and a friendly demeanor. I don't have anywhere close to the knowledge or patience he had to make sure everyone he cares about got that vaccine (and most vaccines). I think my Facebook loving Mom would've been tricked, like she is with other things from her Midwestern friends.

I caught it before the vaccine came out and it wasn't too bad, except for one day when I was certain my heart was going to explode. It was easily the most intense chest pain I've ever felt.