Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

I'm almost ashamed of my 20 minute or so job compared to Commander Spurdo up there. Pixel art is hard. Kudos to the artists in this thread

It's only pixel art if it's drawn in Pixel by Pavel Kanzelsberger. Otherwise it's just sparkling dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Here’s a Bart and a Garfield I drew during downtime at work. Sorry they aren’t mspainted.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Lt. Cock posted:

Here’s a Bart and a Garfield I drew during downtime at work. Sorry they aren’t mspainted.

Notepad drawing is essentially the MS Paint of the real world or something (also am in total awe and love with your style, I would love to see more)

Been drawing some more pop-culture stuff because it's just too much fun to make some sort of personal twist on stuff people already know about

Greggster fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 8, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They're already dead.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

greggster is hitting it out of the park, drat

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

lmfao I love this one

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Vitt som ljuset vid tunnels slut,
där alltets ursprung kikar ut.
I mikrovågsbakgrundsradiationen.
Den första explo-spansionen.

Svart som i botten av ett hål,
där gravitationen krossar allt i ett sorl.
Där bor singulariteten.
Den äter allt, bättre en geten.

Blå som stjärnor som flyger mot oss,
Röd som rymden som växer förståss.
Osynlig som våran laser,
Som vi skickar ut i olka faser.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Loving it all, especially the Alfons stuff. After growing up with a dad who chain smoked indoors Alfons didn’t stand a chance and is now hopelessly addicted to nicotine. I think he and Garfield would hang out.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They're already dead.

I should've done it the other way around :D

Tankakern posted:

greggster is hitting it out of the park, drat

That's so kind of you, thank you! <3

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

lmfao I love this one

It fills me with joy that you say that, thank you!

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Vitt som ljuset vid tunnels slut,
där alltets ursprung kikar ut.
I mikrovågsbakgrundsradiationen.
Den första explo-spansionen.

Svart som i botten av ett hål,
där gravitationen krossar allt i ett sorl.
Där bor singulariteten.
Den äter allt, bättre en geten.

Blå som stjärnor som flyger mot oss,
Röd som rymden som växer förståss.
Osynlig som våran laser,
Som vi skickar ut i olka faser.

This is amazing, both art and text

SirJohanna posted:

Loving it all, especially the Alfons stuff. After growing up with a dad who chain smoked indoors Alfons didn’t stand a chance and is now hopelessly addicted to nicotine. I think he and Garfield would hang out.

You really nail the style so well, and also big lol :' )

I had my day off which obviously means drawing more stuff;

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I liked them :)

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
New batch

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If Alfons and The World's Best Karlsson fought, who'd win :thunk:

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

I have a hunch these new Alfons books might be a smidge controversial, but breaking new ground will inevitably ruffle some feathers.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If Alfons and The World's Best Karlsson fought, who'd win :thunk:

Honestly I'd put my money on World's Best Karlsson if only because he doesn't seem like the type of person who cares about rules or w/e when it comes to fighting, plus he can just pick him up and drop him from way high y'know?

Words can't describe just how much I love you

SirJohanna posted:

I have a hunch these new Alfons books might be a smidge controversial, but breaking new ground will inevitably ruffle some feathers.

True, Alfons was always a bit of a feather ruffler though wasn't he?

Greggster fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 13, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Greggster posted:

Honestly I'd put my money on World's Best Karlsson if only because he doesn't seem like the type of person who cares about rules or w/e when it comes to fighting, plus he can just pick him up and drop him from way high y'know?

Alfons has a hammer.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Alfons has a hammer.

Honestly, completely valid point

Beautiful

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:sickos:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

These are absolutely amazing. :allears:

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Lmao, Galne Grodan Boll is something I want, nay need to see now

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Don't ever stop.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Don't ever stop.

Hahah, your mind is truly one of the 7 modern wonders of this world <3

And don't worry, as long as this ol brain's rotting from inside I'll continue :' )

Neil Gaiman wrote something about how, for the first half of your life, you'll worry about if you have it, only to spend the latter half of your life worrying that you've lost it and it inspired me to draw some sort of fan art of him and his great, late friend Terry Pratchett

I also offered to draw comissions for people for free* and all I asked for in return was for them to donate any amount to the red cross for their humanitarian work in Palestine, and someone asked for a Garfield Sailor Moon transformation ;

*Is anything Really Free? Check out my interview with Jordan B petsson on my podcast--

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Greggster posted:

Hahah, your mind is truly one of the 7 modern wonders of this world <3

You are too kind!

Mind sharing your process, especially for things like backgrounds, like in the quoted image? I love the gradient work and the swooshes!

For me, I've always just had ideas pop into my head and a need to get them out into the world. When I create is when I feel most at peace, and Paint (and it's cousins) is great for just making something quick and silly. But what really got me into specifically paint in the first place was an article i read somewhere many, many years ago featuring this image:

by diamonster

I figured, if someone can make something that beautiful with just mspaint, what's to stop me from mastering it as well? I really should get a copy of that image myself some day and frame it... it's always been one of my main sources of inspiration.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So, Sweden has taken over the thread, I guess?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samovar posted:

Not if Fat Aku has anything to say about it.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

You are too kind!

Mind sharing your process, especially for things like backgrounds, like in the quoted image? I love the gradient work and the swooshes!

For me, I've always just had ideas pop into my head and a need to get them out into the world. When I create is when I feel most at peace, and Paint (and it's cousins) is great for just making something quick and silly. But what really got me into specifically paint in the first place was an article i read somewhere many, many years ago featuring this image:

by diamonster

I figured, if someone can make something that beautiful with just mspaint, what's to stop me from mastering it as well? I really should get a copy of that image myself some day and frame it... it's always been one of my main sources of inspiration.

Certainly!
For that picture I felt that it was essential to capture the wooshing background that happens during the Sailor Moon transformation, so I watched it on youtube (I always try to use reference pictures because it's extremely helpful to get a feel of how things interact with eachother, even if I rarely put much effort or time into the minutae details but that's because my whole workflow is based on the idea that it's not important that it looks good as long as I get it out there) and paused at a few select frames and then tried to emulate it but as simple as possible.

It all essentially boils down to what your process is, which is a simple easy way to get ideas from my brain into the real world and not worry too much about how it is going to look, because I've found that when it comes to art you can't allow the critical part to be at work when you're creating, because the act of creating necessitates that you just Do What Feels Right (and, like you, it's where I feel most at peace). For me MS Paint was just the tool I started out with, and because it's such a crude tool it forces you to think about creative solutions to things that would be so, so much easier to accomplish with better programs.

And, goddamn that's a really beautiful picture and it really highlights that in the end, tools are just tools and you can accomplish some truly astonishing things with even the crudest of them :' )

Samovar posted:

Swedes do the darnest things

I had a dream about how the powerpuff girls are essentially just the DISC theory so I felt that, yes, this has to be a picture

I drew another comission but they wanted the king Gustav Vasa to transform Sailor Moon-style, so the reason it's turning from a haybale to the king is because according to myth, the king was a fugitive from the danish and as a way to escape capture, he was hidden in a hay bale. They stuck pikes into the hay, and it hit him in the shin or something which caused him to start bleeding. This was during the winter, mind you, so it made it very visible that something was in fact hiding in the hay so the person who helped him escape made the clever decision to injure the horse who dragged the carriage as well, so when at the next checkpoint he could point to the horse and say that the blood is from the horse, who had injured himself.

After that, the king went skiing from Dalarna (for those familiar with swedish lore this is what the Vasaloppet is meant to represent, the skiing part mind you not the whole hiding in hay and bleeding although I guess it could add to the experience) and uh yeah

Greggster fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 20, 2023

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Another day off means more drawings

And another comission, they wanted something with a baker or bread so I felt that, the only obvious thing to draw was a lovecraftian baker who just can't. stop. baking.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

love this thread

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Light sources so scuffed on this drawing you'd think it was made by an AI

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

:' ) Absolutely amazing once again

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Made this when a friend supposed what if the music we hear in Sonic levels is diagetic, and Dr. Robotnik is just blasting level music through out the world. And if he writes all the music played. (obviously he does)

So here is Eggman laying down some sick tracks in case a pesky blue hedgehog happens to come along to enjoy them.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Really good bunch of pictures being posted, y'all stay golden <3

I had the dumbest idea and felt that I had to truly embrace my deviant art-background

I feel that this needs some context;
The rugged fella is a swedish politican who in essentially all sense of the word, is mediocre at best and he said that he feels like Zlatan, a very not mediocre person. The pudgy gent is another person who, at the beginning of Zlatan and his own career was considered the better player (spoiler ; He wasn't and had a very lackluster career) is cashing in on once being called better than Zlatan.

(There's another media personality called Hasse Aro here and uh, I made him into Hasse Awroo)

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Oh I adore these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

I'm in my Warhol era rn

Also, because I can't stop doing puns

Drake Drake

Greggster fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 1, 2023