Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Lol, the Sonic one. I appreciate the people keeping this thread alive, I'd love to contribute more but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Edit, aww snipe on new page. Boo.

Here, have a stupid random doodle page. There are some cool Ponies re-imagined there, and Hasbro should hire me for their next MLP project.

SirJohanna fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Nov 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Love that skeleton

Edit:
I don't remember why I wanted to draw "Shrek MacFarlane" but I did it months ago, and realized now that it's an MS Paint Portrait of a sort.
Behold:

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 3, 2023

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Edit:
I don't remember why I wanted to draw "Shrek MacFarlane" but I did it months ago, and realized now that it's an MS Paint Portrait of a sort.
Behold:

That is amazing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(She's feeling a little silly.)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

took me a moment but lmfao

Dion Blaster
Jun 2, 2023

Work Your Body

Dion Blaster
Jun 2, 2023

Work Your Body

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

SirJohanna posted:

Lol, the Sonic one. I appreciate the people keeping this thread alive, I'd love to contribute more but I just don't have the time at the moment.

Edit, aww snipe on new page. Boo.

Here, have a stupid random doodle page. There are some cool Ponies re-imagined there, and Hasbro should hire me for their next MLP project.

This is amazing and I agree, Hasbro needs to get in touch with you to reimagine MLP (I absolutely love the skeleton, it would make for a great print either as a sticker or patch)

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Edit:
Behold:

lmfao

3D Megadoodoo posted:

(She's feeling a little silly.)

This makes me sad that Moomin isn't american because then this would be something That Could've Happened

There's so much going on and it makes the picture even better every time you look at it :allears:

I never knew I needed this but I know now that I need more

I was told I had to draw a Virgin Leif Loket Olsson vs Virgin Ingvar Oldsberg (yes, more swedenposting)

Also, because it was friday

I started thinking that, if you didn't know about the story of Sodom&Gomorra then it would probably sound like some sort of moomin characters

A spoof on the classic En Svensk Tiger propaganda piece from ww2 (for non-swedes, it's a p clever pun on that a swede stays silent)
I made it silly though about something that have probably started untold fights, the debate whether swedish artist Håkan Hellström is good or bad

Greggster fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 4, 2023

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
I did something straight out of deviantart ;

:nws:
P cursed picture of Garfield, sucking on his fingers and thinking Ceci n'est pas une pipe?

Because Dune 2 was supposed to have premiere yesterday ;

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

You guys are killin' it!

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

This is beautiful

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Battle pipe!
I don't quite get the whole put bandages on everything in jrpgs, but I wanted to be on brand.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That is the best thing ITT.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Haha I'm honored :v

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I hope Jim sees this thread and feels nice.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

SirJohanna posted:

Battle pipe!
I don't quite get the whole put bandages on everything in jrpgs, but I wanted to be on brand.

It's for gripping.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

rodbeard posted:

It's for gripping.

I get that much, but when it starts covering blades it gets a bit confusing :catstare:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just you wait until the weapon art people start with paracord.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SirJohanna posted:

I get that much, but when it starts covering blades it gets a bit confusing :catstare:

I assume that's a covering to protect the blade. In anime they sometimes pull it and it comes off before they swing it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sure, if you just got a sword and you didn't have the time to craft a scabbard then this will make sense.
Just walking around with a bandaged sword for no other reason than style is very silly and impractical.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Sure, if you just got a sword and you didn't have the time to craft a scabbard then this will make sense.
Just walking around with a bandaged sword for no other reason than style is very silly and impractical.

Bandaging part of a blade can make it so you can adjust your grip for like thrusting attacks and stuff, though usually that’d be for a big two-hander and you’d have leather on there.

E: you’d also obviously not sharpen the section of blade you plan on gripping

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 10, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Leather would work, I think most people who did a blade grip used gauntlets or gloves.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's fairly safe to grip the sharp edge of the sword with your bare hands and even use the crossguard as a kind of mace. Just maintain a good grip and do not place the edge in direct contact against your hand! Still firmly in Do Not Try At Home of course.

Poil fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 11, 2023

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

SirJohanna posted:

Battle pipe!

I think we just reached peak thread, kudos

Set
Oct 30, 2005
I goddamn love all of you guys! All the contributions here are so amazing! I've had so many laughs, now that I actually had the time to come in and check this thread again!

Seriously, you are all the best!

Anyway here is my first contribution in quite some time. I got a horrible inspiration from Jordan B. Pettson from that one old Greggster post. :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Set posted:

Anyway here is my first contribution in quite some time. I got a horrible inspiration from Jordan B. Pettson from that one old Greggster post. :v:

Glad to see you posting again op, this is amazing.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

SirJohanna posted:

Glad to see you posting again op, this is amazing.

:tipshat:

A friend was watching Beastars and it turned them into a furry, so I drew them a picture.

Set
Oct 30, 2005
Please do not hurt the F35s feelings, it is very fragile. :kiddo:

This was an interesting experiment because I managed to turn an actual photo reference into something caricatured and cartoony. I'll have to try doing it more!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Time to resurrect this thread!

I've been busying myself doing character portraits for a CYOA, in the style of the King of Dragon Pass advisor portraits, partially as an excuse to practice making distinct identifiable characters with an equally distinct style (as the CYOA has up until now been working with images from a wide variety of sources and subsequently styles) and partially because i am a giant nerd who loves pixel-arting.

Here are some examples!

(The little symbols are just there to identify their allegiances or special abilities.)

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Time to resurrect this thread!

I've been busying myself doing character portraits for a CYOA, in the style of the King of Dragon Pass advisor portraits, partially as an excuse to practice making distinct identifiable characters with an equally distinct style (as the CYOA has up until now been working with images from a wide variety of sources and subsequently styles) and partially because i am a giant nerd who loves pixel-arting.

Here are some examples!

(The little symbols are just there to identify their allegiances or special abilities.)

Those are really sweet!

Also I bring you two garden eels fighting. I recommend you Google some pics of them because they are really cute in reality!

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Nice pixel art and garden eels!

Here’s a horrid little man

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

heh is that Jorp? I don't think he went down the road of sketchy brain surgery yet but I wouldn't put it beyond him.

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

heh is that Jorp? I don't think he went down the road of sketchy brain surgery yet but I wouldn't put it beyond him.

It is indeed.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Happy new years eve everyone!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Today I shall vigorously excuse problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Set
Oct 30, 2005

SirJohanna posted:

Nice pixel art and garden eels!

Here’s a horrid little man

Lol

Lol and a happy new year!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Today I shall vigorously excuse problems?

"Today I'll create problems on purpose"