Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.random
May 7, 2007

This was so hard to do on my phone and paint.js but I think the results speak for themselves.

(I am so sorry. But perhaps this will encourage people who also can’t live up to the great stuff in this thread so far)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Is your av the last guy's av as it twirls into the afterlife?

.random
May 7, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Is your av the last guy's av as it twirls into the afterlife?

My av doesn’t believe in the afterlife but who can say? :shobon:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

This thread reminds me of the oekaki boards I used to hang out with my little weeb friends as a preteen. Lots of great stuff here

Set
Oct 30, 2005
So much amazing stuff! Too many pieces of art for me to personally point out without it becoming obnoxious, so I'll just say I LOVE IT ALL!
I really enjoy seeing the various styles and themes you all work with, and look forward to seeing more!

I will contribute with a Nukie, the main character from the world famous movie classic: Nukie. Enjoy Nukie.

Set
Oct 30, 2005
I got into a Columbo-mood so I did a Columbo for you all!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Set posted:

I got into a Columbo-mood so I did a Columbo for you all!

Tucker colombsob

Set
Oct 30, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Tucker colombsob

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

rodbeard posted:

I can't draw so I traced a photo of a goat

and there is his letter E

shouldn't there be a ring?

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

dervival posted:

shouldn't there be a ring?

It depends if it's a goatman or some other kind of goat

Edit: maybe I should draw a goatman

Bear Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 18, 2023

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

I'm always mystified when artists stylize things, especially making them into simpler shapes and stuff, and this Shelly Duval is very good and also magical to me.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I'm always mystified when artists stylize things, especially making them into simpler shapes and stuff, and this Shelly Duvall is very good and also magical to me.

Oh gently caress I did a quote isn't edit, my whole posting career is going to the dogs

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Oh gently caress I did a quote isn't edit, my whole posting career is going to the dogs

The first time I ever did that I was disproportionately embarrassed for like, hours. I always was like, how do people manage to do that!? I've come to terms with it as a very anxious person, though. Also thank you.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I'm always mystified when artists stylize things, especially making them into simpler shapes and stuff, and this Shelly Duval is very good and also magical to me.

Definitely! I try to learn from what others are doing, and see if I can incorporate some of that into the drawings I've made, but for me the trickiest part is still the "simpler shapes" thing. Sometimes it works out better, sometimes not, but for every drawing it gets a bit easier I think.

I don't know why, but those tiny dot eyes just crack me up!

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Set posted:

I don't know why, but those tiny dot eyes just crack me up!

I didn't intend to make it a thing but it sort of just occurred as part of the drawing process and it made me giggle like an idiot, so I just kept it. I almost never played in the MS Paint threads back in the day, but I realized just how much I missed seeing them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I Feel 4 U

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Tiny Wonka

Gotta go bigger next time woops.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

Droogie posted:

I didn't intend to make it a thing but it sort of just occurred as part of the drawing process and it made me giggle like an idiot, so I just kept it. I almost never played in the MS Paint threads back in the day, but I realized just how much I missed seeing them.

Happy mistakes like that are a really good way to learn, and find out fun new stuff, so yeah if it makes you giggle you should keep doing it. That is how I do this too. :v:
And yeah, I'm really happy that people find this thread fun and we have had so many good contributions!

Just as an experiment, I decided to go back to my earlier Columbo and test out different types of eyes to see which would work best. While the Sonic The Hedgehog-eyes are pretty bad, the dots do work with Columbo too!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Oh just one more thing... It'll be fast"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Doog

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
I can't help but look at it as sequence, Columbo when the acid finally hits.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

coldpudding posted:

I can't help but look at it as sequence, Columbo when the acid finally hits.

Columbo deduces he's a cartoon now, and after a moment of terror followed by a moment of realization he begins fulfilling his wildest dream (turning into sonic the hedgehog)

Set
Oct 30, 2005
"Oh, just one more thing, Dr. Robotnik, and I'll be out of your hair. Sorry, figure out speech. You say the only reason you were at Sonic's house that evening was because you were having an affair with Amy Rose, and not to kill Sonic The Hedghehog? But still I can't stop wondering about how Sonic got stuck with his neck in that ring and suffocated without any outside help... Especially when you've purposefully built a robot for cramming a hedgehogs head through a ring for choking purposes. I just find it curious, is all. Good night to you doctor."

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Set posted:

"Oh, just one more thing, Dr. Robotnik, and I'll be out of your hair. Sorry, figure out speech. You say the only reason you were at Sonic's house that evening was because you were having an affair with Amy Rose, and not to kill Sonic The Hedghehog? But still I can't stop wondering about how Sonic got stuck with his neck in that ring and suffocated without any outside help... Especially when you've purposefully built a robot for cramming a hedgehogs head through a ring for choking purposes. I just find it curious, is all. Good night to you doctor."

Absolutely delicious post.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Set posted:

You have no idea how much I needed this, it's like you're posting directly to my soul.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It went weird.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
what could have troubled the bart man so

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

The crossover we deserved.
:five:

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I watched David Lynch's 1984 Dune last night, had to try my mouse hand at my boy Kyle Macca as Paul Atreidies

Not sure why he came out so long. The source image has a pug in it but my will to paint drained.

I've been doing some color picking, which I don't like doing but I hated how the colors I tried to guess at even more.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

I was actually inspired by this picture. Is this from Dune? I remember a guy protecting a pug in battle like this.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Bear Enthusiast posted:

I was actually inspired by this picture. Is this from Dune? I remember a guy protecting a pug in battle like this.

You're drat right it is

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Lol everything in this thread is great, but it requires at least SOME talent.

me stealing this dudes hand and making it super small for Trump in that thread is about the extent of my abilities

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
This thread is so great. I'm not artistic but I thought I would draw my son's favorite movie character.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The Nostalgia Fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022