Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

a real chump posted:

Are they trialing some poo poo new ball this comp? the touches have been unusually heavy across the 3 games so far

Seems like it: https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/official-match-ball-for-the-fifa-womens-world-cup-2023-australia-new-zealand-unveiled-by-adidas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Swiss Miss!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Good for Vietnam not being a pushover. If they had any kind of attack this would be a banger.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Can’t wait to see my Lionesses in the middle of the night. Go to sleep or stay up?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Tons of possession, physical play, and only a retaken pen to show for it. Must be England.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Sleep schedule already ruined by the footy but there’s some tasty matchups today.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Warren Barton does love to hear himself talk.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

21 goals in 12 matches and 11 belong to Japan, USA, and Spain. Not much fun.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Phwoar

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Always sad to see a player get that badly hurt, especially early in a tournament. I hope the recovery isn’t too difficult.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Goodness me

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feels less like the USA are going to find a winner and more like they’re going to surrender a late goal. Dire.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Up the Lionesses. Down with sleep.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Bronze is going to go ballistic at the end of this one

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

a real chump posted:

She's so good

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feel bad for the keeper. Can’t do much about Lauren James but to let yourself get embarrassed like that…

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Welcome to the ref show

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Very nice couple of tournaments for the Moroccans.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Well I wasn’t their biggest fan going into the tournament because I wanted more parity in the game but it appears that we are getting that, so let’s go the Yanks baby

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

That would have been a true softie of a pen, but I'd have taken it.

Yeah - maybe the ref knew she’d catch hell if the game was decided by that.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

1 goal in 5 hours of play - unbelievable.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Those were proper penalties though. Hit it as hard as you can. No faffing about getting cutesy like the men do.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hope Sarina doesn’t pull a Southgate and send on cold subs.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Penalties. Why did it have to be penalties.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

The kind of mental fortitude you have to have as an athlete to laugh at yourself - incredible. Though I suppose if your job is literally fighting cancer, sports are somewhat put in perspective.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Whatever VAR says, that was a good attack from Sweden if they’d just stuck with it instead of running around appealing for handball.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

up the Tillies imo

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Guzman is out for blood.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hope Perez is OK. She’s had a rough game.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Can’t complain about two more games! Still fancy whoever comes out of Spain-Sweden though.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Man I’ll be disappointed if England doesn’t make it to the final but it would be better to lose to Australia, rivalry and all, than the Germans, the Yanks, etc.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Toone Army baby

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That might be a momentum changer. Wow.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Shambolic at the back there.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

god-tier gesturing, i understand exactly what he means

Felt it in my soul as a dad

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Spain’ll be dangerous for this England side I think. Fortunate to beat them last summer.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Feels like an England goal is coming but they might run out of time first.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

Well done Spain, just the better team

Yarp. Not talking about margins if that peno isn’t saved. They were quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

This is just brutal. Hope they can find comfort. https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38229486/spain-winning-goalscorer-carmona-learns-father-death-women-world-cup-final