Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

hey all, i’m fine with pencilhands making posts and everything—but, can we start probing them if they start threads without attaching their official “brought to you by pencilshands” signature to the op?

this most recent time is ok. it’s just that in the future it would be nice to be more immediately warned that i have fat fingered my way into a pencilhands thread so i can 180° swipeback my way out of there

i’m pretty sure this the way god would want it as he has done the same by labeling toxic frogs with obnoxious colors and such. if you don’t believe in god then you must at least accept that it is nature’s law to do the same, so why can’t it be forum law as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Dick Fontaine posted:

hey all, i’m fine with pencilhands making posts and everything—but, can we start probing them if they start threads without attaching their official “brought to you by pencilshands” signature to the op?

this most recent time is ok. it’s just that in the future it would be nice to be more immediately warned that i have fat fingered my way into a pencilhands thread so i can 180° swipeback my way out of there

i’m pretty sure this the way god would want it as he has done the same by labeling toxic frogs with obnoxious colors and such. if you don’t believe in god then you must at least accept that it is nature’s law to do the same, so why can’t it be forum law as well?

I made him that signature for it to be used goddamn it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Trump
E: wrong tab

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Tiny Timbs posted:

My best friend is somebody who’s on the spectrum and has OCD. The powerful need to Be Understood has resulted in some really, really bad situations in his relationships that have been hard to pull him back from because he, himself, can’t understand why people aren’t listening to him so he just needs to find the right words and try again (with another hundred text messages, or phone calls, or showing up at their door). I’ll say very bluntly that this behavior is not harmless and people are not wrong for being disturbed by it.

As someone who has realized over time that I am on the neurodivergence spectrum, I'll emphasize that. The best practice that I've used to work through it is to take metacognitive steps: think about my own thinking and ask "What did I do and is this the right reaction to have?" Like, the best thing about posting on a forum is that it gives you time to THINK and realize HOW you might be wrong before writing your response, and accept when you should apologize.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Thinking about what you're gonna say before you show it to everyone? Nah dude :justpost:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
It's true, nothing bad has ever come from just posting.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Nobody liked the little hair curl I put on Sids worm in the avatar thread even though LAP literally has one :(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Nobody liked the little hair curl I put on Sids worm in the avatar thread even though LAP literally has one :(

Bad Purchase posted the One True Av immediately after your post so I think it got missed. I went back and looked and it’s very good :shobon:

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

I like posting here and I like posting with all of you.

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

GundamHealer posted:

I like posting here and I like posting with all of you.

hey, same! :)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I was out of cell service for a day. Did you guys fix this fail rear end forum yet?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

I was out of cell service for a day. Did you guys fix this fail rear end forum yet?

Yes

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

This is violence

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Should be able to block specific threads from being visible in a subforums.

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Wee posted:

Should be able to block specific threads from being visible in a subforums.

Yeah then we wouldn’t have to see you post, like, ever!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Idea. Automated word filter moderation, but it's one word chosen at random from the dictionary once every 24hrs. People then get to narrow it down each time.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grey Cat posted:

Idea. Automated word filter moderation, but it's one word chosen at random from the dictionary once every 24hrs. People then get to narrow it down each time.

Do it as a contest and the person who figures it out first gets a GBS SUPERSTAR sash and tiara

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

I think the first word should be Seth

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ableist

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Literally A Person posted:

no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kill him:

BronsonBone posted:

Actually the tweet, got some context to it now saying that he only funded the movie a little bit out of 6,600 funders, so yeah at least you tried on that front.

Thanks

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

ticket closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hi all,

After discussions with the other mods and admins, we came to the agreement that the permanent feedback thread has not served its intended purpose and we'll be closing this thread.

The original idea for a feedback thread came from SAD, and I spearheaded the effort to get one for GBS. I thought at the time it would be a place where we could have realtime feedback, talk through issues and come to some sort of resolution on them. However, that is not and has not been the case for a while now. While it has done some good in specific aspects, the problems it led to have been distressing for people and that was never the goal.

You may be tempted to blame all the GBS mods on this, but the problems came down to me alone. I should have at least been more consistent with the moderation in all the iterations, and I should have acted as more of a neutral arbiter. Because of this, there's been increased animosity between forums and people have been genuinely hurt by things posted here, to name a couple of the issues that came about because of this thread. For that and other missteps I offer my sincerest apologies. Even though I feel my heart was in the right place in regards to creating the feedback thread, I moderated it in such a dumb way that it fostered way more problems than it solved.

We'll regroup and reconsider the frequency of feedback back threads, whether quarterly or monthly or yearly, because my personal opinion is it's helpful to hear from you all about what we can do better. In the meantime, our PMs are always open.