Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
im reposting this and dropping it because its stupid :cheers:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it needs to be pointed out that while ableism is a bad thing and you should never treat someone differently because of their physical or mental disabilities the only thing most goons seem to have learned is that its not good to call someone a retard because they've been told its a very bad word. so instead they just use other equally hosed up insults like smooth brained because it isnt the bad word they dont really care about ableism beyond not saying the one bad word they still engage in it plenty

i dont really care about the sixer lol i dont even think the person who was insulted really cares either it was just a weird reaction from a mod and the doubling down and telling the person who should have the say in the matter to get over it after a long lecture on why slurs are bad is just really funny because it keeps happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Endorph posted:

you're missing the step after 5 but before 6 of tarquinn going to bat for it and going 'heh, hes actually a better person than YOU' about it

are you talking about this?

Tarquinn posted:

They have shown more remorse for their mistake than all of the gay/aids posters combined. Does this count for anything, or is it the principle of things that is the most important?

Because if so, yeah he went to bat for Scroto, but I don't know where you're getting the "he's actually a better person than YOU" part from. That wasn't a reply to Douche Wolf, it was a reply to a series of posts by FirstnameLastname calling for Scroto to be banned and getting hyped up about ableism where there was none. The remorse thing was a comparison to the people who were probed for purposefully doing drive by "aids lol" style posts, not anyone actually posting feedback. Anyway, I've said at least 3 times now I think it was a mistake to reverse the probe. But I also think the severity of the situation is being greatly exaggerated.

Mekchu posted:

why don't you post that context into the sad thread then, where you said people aren't presenting the right context and are whipping themselves up into a frenzy by intentionally misrepresenting what happened?

lol no thanks, I've read enough there to know how fruitless that would be. I think instead I'm gonna go to bed. I'm sure this will all have blown over by tomorrow :q:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

Because if so, yeah he went to bat for Scroto, but I don't know where you're getting the "he's actually a better person than YOU" part from. That wasn't a reply to Douche Wolf, it was a reply to a series of posts by FirstnameLastname calling for Scroto to be banned and getting hyped up about ableism where there was none. The remorse thing was a comparison to the people who were probed for purposefully doing drive by "aids lol" style posts, not anyone actually posting feedback. Anyway, I've said at least 3 times now I think it was a mistake to reverse the probe. But I also think the severity of the situation is being greatly exaggerated.
are you the person who gets to decide if something was ableist or not

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This whole "autism post history scraping " thing is bizare, douche wolf bought it up earlier in the thread. The post is bad but acting like the nefarious deep gbs state looked back 12 years to find a post is just pure hyperbole, anyone and everyone reading the thread would of known.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 17, 2023

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
You can tell they're running out of material when the first response to that one heinous and nefarious Elon Musk thread post brought up in the SAD thread was a PYF mod who clearly didn't give a poo poo about it anymore than the GBS ones did

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my feedback is stop saying nefarious.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Bad Purchase posted:

Because if so, yeah he went to bat for Scroto, but I don't know where you're getting the "he's actually a better person than YOU" part from. That wasn't a reply to Douche Wolf, it was a reply to a series of posts by FirstnameLastname calling for Scroto to be banned and getting hyped up about ableism where there was none.

here's the series of posts I'd made before that getting hyped up lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

loving shame on you. According to his posting history, he's also autistic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FirstnameLastname posted:

my feedback here is this guy should be banned for this

then

Tarquinn posted:

This probe has been retracted, as it is actually a factual statement about and by DW89.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I appreciate it, as weird as a post as I made.

DW89, you are free to post here, my friend. This is a safe place. I am sorry if any posts I made about your autism were perceived in jest.

Tarquinn posted:

They have shown more remorse for their mistake than all of the gay/aids posters combined. Does this count for anything, or is it the principle of things that is the most important?
you must have it mistaken with the response that Tarquinn ignored snd seth ignored

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

they were insincere and you accepted their apology for me by unprobing them. you should probably stop defending your bad call at this point and reverse it?

edit: also this has nothing to do with the goons saying aids, it's about me being the target of a weird ableist dig and you recognising it was weird, probing them, then deciding it was actually super chill and I should "take a breather" if I'm upset with it. you are turning discrete events into forum war bullshit and once again in like 5 pages it led to mask off phobia.

them 2 posts later, yep nothing to see here

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Christ it's a Sunday morning and everyone's arguing on the internet in a web 1.0 forum

May Jeff bestow a Boxing Day Massacre Pt. 2 on all of us in this thread, myself included.

I'm going to reboot this thread later today. In the meantime, go hangout with friends, enjoy the day, praise the Lord, whatever, but do something else.

so whats the deal because as far as I can tell, it is kind of okay to just make fun of people for having autism in a forum that's pretending to be all progressive and non-discriminatory and then ignore them when the person being insulted snd several other people say it's hosed up, as long as the person doing the insulting apologizes to a mod and other people are saying AIDS at the same time so it's like someone getting pulled over for drunk driving on 9/11 you know?

that's plus gay and bi people being probed for saying gay, or being told they're homophobic for saying AIDS or saying there shouldn't be a explicit rule against saying AIDS, and you still think the problem is that the people saying gay or the AIDS or people with autism making jokes about autistic dracula and the concern trolls whining about :cry: "actually offensive poo poo being not only ignored but forgiven by a mod on their behalf because it was towards someone they disagreed with" :cry:

im not necessarily asking for anything in particular to be done but lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd02OiwHyU4&t=195s
like maybe apologize to the dude idk, maybe stop letting people try to do gaslighty 'oh he was simply stating a fact about the person from Other Forums. You see, Guy whose whose rap sheet has probations for profane and excessive outbursts against Other Forums going back to 2018 was VERY sincere in his apology and was certainly making a mistake and not trying to do exactly what it looks like and then lie his way out of it. which is why he apologized to a moderator and not to the person that he said the thing to.',

like poo poo, just consider for one second if I'm right and how loving dumb his all has looked for the moderation and everyone else digging in on this, compared to if I'm wrong and the important thing was 7d+threadbanning arf right before closing the last thread BUT not addressing any of that poo poo or the gbs mod clout chasers in here trying to justify actually terrible behavior and decision making because they dont like other forums

i think there might be a learning opportunity in that one, haps, 'sibly ;) ;)

gotta be consistent, if the forums gonna be one way then it should, if it's not then it should stop pretending. i do not give a poo poo which direction that is, but either way history will show i am right, and that's what matters.
farewell gbs, im not leaving but Im bored of this poo poo for now

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 17, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Perfect Potato posted:

You can tell they're running out of material when the first response to that one heinous and nefarious Elon Musk thread post brought up in the SAD thread was a PYF mod who clearly didn't give a poo poo about it anymore than the GBS ones did

what

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I don’t hate anyone, or think people need to be beheaded over it, or whatever - I just think it was a bad call in a bitter situation to rescind the probe, and the accepting an apology on behalf of someone else and everything else has been a bit of well digging, so an apology is good.

A “well I hosed up this one, and next time I’ll do something different, sorry” + apologising personally to the actual insulted party you talked over… isn’t about this PYF/drama bickering, or brigading, or anything? It’s about this whole thing makes GBS justifiably look less welcoming to everyone who might worry about having the same problems and whether they’ll get heard and respected if they think there was an ableist dick post.

And yeah, there’s going to be a hostile contingent that crows about it, and people who never drop it or accept it, but that’s not what an apology’s about at all? It’s about what you do, not them. It’s about hey heads up if ableism comes up we’re going to handle it differently next time, or at least not do this specific poo poo again, so keep hanging out with us in GBS because we can do better than this.

That’s all I have to say, I guess.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I'm reminded of that Nixon quote about SAD
Hang on, that was bohemian grove, my bad.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Bad Purchase posted:

But I suspect that has more to do with a broken clock being right once per day.

Wouldn't a broken clock be right twice a day? I'm assuming that it's stopped, otherwise it would be possible for the clock to either never be correct or like correct once that day but then not be correct again until many days later in the future depending on how exactly the hands are moving.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

I'm reminded of that Nixon quote about SAD
Hang on, that was bohemian grove, my bad.

post the quote, coward

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
"I wouldnt shake hands with any of them."

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
"The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time — it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd.I don’t even want to shake hands with anybody from San Francisco. Decorators".

still not as bad as calling a thread aids tho.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Wendigee posted:

How does Solefald feel about their fellow moderators abilities?

I'm just on vacation at the moment but I'll be speaking with the others mods about my feelings on what has been happening and the general direction of GBS Moderation when I get back. I want to make sure I've got time to articulate myself properly. :3: Sorry for being absent at the moment.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm skipping past all the posts and gonna say that the MSPaint thread is really fun and reminds me of things we've missed. I would love if we could do more of that stuff, stimulate the creativity and all that. Thanks.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it needs to be pointed out that while ableism is a bad thing and you should never treat someone differently because of their physical or mental disabilities the only thing most goons seem to have learned is that its not good to call someone a retard because they've been told its a very bad word. so instead they just use other equally hosed up insults like smooth brained because it isnt the bad word they dont really care about ableism beyond not saying the one bad word they still engage in it plenty
I know you said you're dropping it, so anyone can feel free to answer this, because I've seen a handful of people make a similar argument, and I'm legitimately too stupid to understand it. Is the argument that calling someone (or myself in this case) stupid is equivalent to attacking them for a mental handicap or for being neuro-atypical? Smooth brained doesn't sound like it's making fun of a disorder, it just sounds like calling someone an idiot.

Which is, of course, not a nice thing to say about someone, and pretty much every word we have for an idiot at one point or another is historically tied to mental disabilities, but I don't know, it doesn't seem the same to me. Is it ableism to say that it's stupid to undo a 6 hour probe?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

My feedback is that it's become very clear that some posters read words without context and then want blood and I don't know how to approach that issue.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Seth you literally told us to come post in good faith, i did that, and same night a mod is running defense on genuine ableism lol. that's your loving fault dude, it's not a forums issue it's a FORUMS YOU RUN problem

edit: also thanks for allowing your forum feedback thread to be about *me* for three pages without me posting! that was kind of my biggest problem w tarquinn's stuff, good to learn you didn't pick up on that!

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 17, 2023

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Seth you literally told us to come post in good faith, i did that, and same night a mod is running defense on genuine ableism lol. that's your loving fault dude, it's not a forums issue it's a FORUMS YOU RUN problem

edit: also thanks for allowing your forum feedback thread to be about *me* for three pages without me posting! that was kind of my biggest problem w tarquinn's stuff, good to learn you didn't pick up on that!

Is your contention that I should have closed this until you had a chance to respond? Or that I should have shut it down? I really don't know where you're coming from here because I didn't ask for this line of conversation, nor did I prompt it initially

Also I'm not the Koos of GBS so that's even more confusing where you're coming from.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is your contention that I should have closed this until you had a chance to respond? Or that I should have shut it down? I really don't know where you're coming from here because I didn't ask for this line of conversation, nor did I prompt it initially

Also I'm not the Koos of GBS so that's even more confusing where you're coming from.

Almost like reopening this before the issue was dealt with was a bad idea.

If you're the only one that faces outward, it gets shoved on you, because your ableism enabling (that's a loving tongue twister) partner is too busy.

It also doesn't matter how literally anyone read the situation but dw89, as it was directed at them.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Seth Pecksniff posted:

you can literally just probe people with "not talking about this" or state "probes for importing sad drama" or perhaps not reopen the feedback thread while there is a discussion about ableism in it's previous incarnation ongoing. why is it my job to guide you in making sure my Nd isn't the topic of your feedback thread?

tarquinn sent me a good pm just now showing way more understanding, can you just skip to that part where you recognise how this is goofy? or at least not do the hmm i can't possibly derive meaning from what you're saying here's 9 questions instead of a response thing?

edit: especially "i didn't ask for this" i didn't either? this is classic victim shifting lol

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 17, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Slugworth posted:

Smooth brained doesn't sound like it's making fun of a disorder, it just sounds like calling someone an idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lissencephaly

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Slugworth posted:

I know you said you're dropping it, so anyone can feel free to answer this, because I've seen a handful of people make a similar argument, and I'm legitimately too stupid to understand it. Is the argument that calling someone (or myself in this case) stupid is equivalent to attacking them for a mental handicap or for being neuro-atypical? Smooth brained doesn't sound like it's making fun of a disorder, it just sounds like calling someone an idiot.

Which is, of course, not a nice thing to say about someone, and pretty much every word we have for an idiot at one point or another is historically tied to mental disabilities, but I don't know, it doesn't seem the same to me. Is it ableism to say that it's stupid to undo a 6 hour probe?

personally it depends on the word and context and the person's knowledge on the word. if someone thought it was just the same as dumb because usually brain wrinkly so smooth = dumb, honest mistake! but if that person is not similarly disabled, knows saying smooth-brained can be seen as ableist by disabled people, and is using as a substitute for mentally retarded rather than stupid or dummy or something, it's gross imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Man this thread is poppin anyways if u wanna use a r word alternative ur just supposed to say presidential I thought that was settled like 7 years ago by the forums lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

personally it depends on the word and context and the person's knowledge on the word. if someone thought it was just the same as dumb because usually brain wrinkly so smooth = dumb, honest mistake! but if that person is not similarly disabled, knows saying smooth-brained can be seen as ableist by disabled people, and is using as a substitute for mentally retarded rather than stupid or dummy or something, it's gross imo

How do you feel about FYAD?

E: I’m asking earnestly because it seems as though the folks who complain the loudest about word usage in GBS will also defend FYAD to their last breath and I would genuinely like to know what the distinction is. If you post or lurk in both places, do you just forget that you’re offended when reading FYAD?

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 17, 2023

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The cognitive dissonance to go straight from "aids is a slur" to "calling someone autistic as an insult isn't ableism" is really something.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

The cognitive dissonance to go straight from "aids is a slur" to "calling someone autistic as an insult isn't ableism" is really something.

Gee, maybe they weren’t really interested in the feelings of gay people after all and were just using it as a convenient excuse to avoid criticism.

Set
Oct 30, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm skipping past all the posts and gonna say that the MSPaint thread is really fun and reminds me of things we've missed. I would love if we could do more of that stuff, stimulate the creativity and all that. Thanks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

perhaps we change the forum name to General Discourse? that is a way to get rid of the bullshit??

e: also can only post if u own land show those deeds people

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Slugworth posted:

"Smooth-brained' is LITERALLY a disorder, you dumbshit. That's why it started to be used. You're just substituting one word referring to a mental disorder for another and being incredibly smug that you found a way to get your slur in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

E: I’m asking earnestly because it seems as though the folks who complain the loudest about word usage in GBS will also defend FYAD to their last breath and I would genuinely like to know what the distinction is. If you post or lurk in both places, do you just forget that you’re offended when reading FYAD?

One person has stated that they just like saying stuff that they know will rile people up, even if they personally believe it is a slur. That might not be everyone, but I'd be shocked if this is the own you think it will be.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 17, 2023

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
My genuine feedback is that GBS really isn't that bad but some posters (BAGS, Sm/lugworth, the guy with the green lady avatar) get insanely aggro at even the mildest criticism and that's not a great environment for forum growth, if that is the desired outcome. Characterizing detractors or critics as being bloodthirsty or shrieking or whatever else is disingenuous. If you want a better feedback thread, maybe consider instituting rules to encourage posters to meet the conversation where it's at instead of whatever imagined argument they're having.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

My feedback is that the slur "freak" should be banned on SA. Historically it was used to dehumanize carnival performers with physical deformities or disabilities

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Endorph posted:

are you the person who gets to decide if something was ableist or not

what? i'm telling you the context in which the comment was made, and it seems obvious if you read the posts in order. the point of bringing up autism was a dig at the idea that we should all know every poster's background at all times in order to evaluate if their use of certain words is acceptable or not. it was not to make fun of autism or a person with autism. i do have a correction, though: i didn't realize douche wolf had posted in the feedback thread about having autism a few pages before this all went down, and someone pointed that out right after i went to bed. so i was wrong when i assumed scroto turboturd had been doing obsessive post history sleuthing. doesn't change much, but thought it was worth mentioning.

anyway, if you don't believe that explanation, what is the alternative? that scroto just doesn't care for people with autism and blurted out that Douche Wolf has autism as some kind of own? why did he pick someone else's post to reply to if that was his goal? was the context just an accident? and then, what? begged a mod to unprobe him so he could apologize, but then posted an overly performative apology as a second own? something along those lines? i feel like that's what's being implied at least, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

i have no idea how to respond to this. you seem to have a pattern of these tirade style posts that pull in a million extraneous things and go off on unrelated tangents here and in the SAD thread, including digging through rap sheet entries from 5 years ago that have no connection to what happened. you successfully identified one of your two posts that i was talking about (the other being the one directly quoted by tarquinn in the post i linked), and the rest is stuff that happened later or was just side conversation not related to the post your replied to. i can't follow your leaps of logic, and i don't know what the pivot to the aids stuff is about because i'm not one of the people campaigning for strict word filter modding. the only thing i said about it in the previous thread amounted to that i think it's a bit cringy and edgelordy the way some people were doing it, but i don't have a problem with the words when they're not being used maliciously.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Wouldn't a broken clock be right twice a day? I'm assuming that it's stopped, otherwise it would be possible for the clock to either never be correct or like correct once that day but then not be correct again until many days later in the future depending on how exactly the hands are moving.

depends on if the clock has an am/pm distinction

--

anyway, tarquinn definitely made a mistake undoing the probe and handling the apology, no argument from me there and that's something that should be fixed. but i also think it's a problem that people are out for blood over scroto's post which does not read like it was intentionally malicious. i'm seeing a lot of the same people who are against word filter modding and want to rely on context to understand when it's appropriate and not appropriate to use sensitive words, who are now ignoring the context of the posts that spawned this fiasco.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jul 17, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My genuine feedback is that GBS really isn't that bad but some posters (BAGS, Sm/lugworth, the guy with the green lady avatar) get insanely aggro at even the mildest criticism and that's not a great environment for forum growth, if that is the desired outcome. Characterizing detractors or critics as being bloodthirsty or shrieking or whatever else is disingenuous. If you want a better feedback thread, maybe consider instituting rules to encourage posters to meet the conversation where it's at instead of whatever imagined argument they're having.

gbs doesn't like emptyquotes so here's some words. the above is a good post

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kchama posted:

One person has stated that they just like saying stuff that they know will rile people up, even if they personally believe it is a slur.

If you don’t find that to be incredibly childish behavior, I don’t know what to tell you.

Kchama posted:

That might not be everyone, but I'd be shocked if this is the own you think it will be.

It wasn’t trying to be an own, I’m legitimately asking for someone to explain the distinction.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

veering into talking about other forums and this as as a discrete situation, i don't read fyad, yospos, impzone or cspam much because the backgrounds are overstimulating lol. i don't defend each usage of bad words in them, especially if used by someone that doesn't have a bit of a right to them, but i can't determine that through the screen.

plus as i said while im offended by -isms that apply to me, personally it feels worse when someone dances around it or addresses it at me. someone saying a game is retarded makes me think "this person might be insensitive or aggro", while someone dismissing my argument as neurotic makes me think "this person is using medical vocab to get the same effect as the insensitive/aggro person had on me". a good example is Bad Purchase's post above unfortunately

Bad Purchase posted:

what? i'm telling you the context in which the comment was made, and it seems obvious if you read the posts in order. the point of bringing up autism was a dig at the idea that we should all know every poster's background at all times in order to evaluate if their use of certain words is acceptable or not. it was not to make fun of autism or a person with autism. i do have a correction, though: i didn't realize douche wolf had posted in the feedback thread about having autism a few pages before this all went down, and someone pointed that out right after i went to bed. so i was wrong when i assumed scroto turboturd had been doing obsessive post history sleuthing. doesn't change much, but thought it was worth mentioning.

anyway, if you don't believe that explanation, what is the alternative? that scroto just doesn't care for people with autism and blurted out that Douche Wolf has autism as some kind of own? why did he pick someone else's post to reply to if that was his goal? was the context just an accident? and then, what? begged a mod to unprobe him so he could apologize, but then posted an overly performative apology as a second own? something along those lines? i feel like that's what's being implied at least, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

i have no idea how to respond to this. you seem to have a pattern of these tirade style posts that pull in a million extraneous things and go off on unrelated tangents here and in the SAD thread, including digging through rap sheet entries from 5 years ago that have no connection to what happened. you successfully identified one of your two posts that i was talking about (the other being the one directly quoted by tarquinn in the post i linked), and the rest is stuff that happened later or was just side conversation not related to the post your replied to. i can't follow your leaps of logic, and i don't know what the pivot to the aids stuff is about because i'm not one of the people campaigning for strict word filter modding. the only thing i said about it in the previous thread amounted to that i think it's a bit cringy and edgelordy the way some people were doing it, but i don't have a problem with the words when they're not being used maliciously.

depends on if the clock has an am/pm distinction

--

anyway, tarquinn definitely made a mistake undoing the probe and handling the apology, no argument from me there and that's something that should be fixed. but i also think it's a problem that people are out for blood over scroto's post which does not read like it was intentionally malicious. i'm seeing a lot of the same people who are against word filter modding and want to rely on context to understand when it's appropriate and not appropriate to use sensitive words, who are now ignoring the context of the posts that spawned this fiasco.

you don't get to decide how anyone including fnln respond, or use our responses to undermine genuine complaints of ableism. don't do that "what? huh? i just can't make sense of what you're sayyyyying" schtick while you're at it please, if you don't understand re-read the post and take time to consider your response.

the paragraph of "well if you're offended, how do you propose to stop it from happening to you again?" questions is just so unhelpful too. your understanding is offensively revisionary. who is out for blood lol i literally think they made the smallest mistake and probably, seeing my response to the apology, actually will be cool to post w in the future. stop dismissing actual problems as forum tribe stuff It's so past disgusting or forgivable at this point

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 17, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I agree that Slugworth guy is a bad hombre

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Nm
Just want this poo poo to end

Spinz fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

someone saying a game is retarded makes me think "this person might be insensitive or aggro", while someone dismissing my argument as neurotic makes me think "this person is using medical vocab to get the same effect as the insensitive/aggro person had on me". a good example is Bad Purchase's post above unfortunately

i'm sorry how this all went down and how it's brought you into the limelight and kept you there for days, that poo poo sucks. i'm not sure what medical vocab i used in my last post that was upsetting, but if you let me know i'll edit it out or try to address it. you can PM me if you don't want to discuss it publicly.

e: ok, i see your edit and it's not about vocab, it's about me being dismissive. i'm telling you how i read the situation, and i still think i'm right. i've reread the posts several times, and i don't see genuine ableism in scroto's post, although it was clearly a bad post that relied far too heavily on context to not come across very poorly. i'm not sure where to go from here as you obviously disagree with me about it, but it's just going to go in circles.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 17, 2023