Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

there is not one uniform pronunciation across the country. its a common point of contention in fact

and this is why the empire fell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I gave a day for it not because of some crazy point he made, or because I'm Refusing To Understand, but because I am convinced he will see these other replies and try again to be understood, when that's not what's going to stop this loop from continuing or escalating.

My best friend is somebody who’s on the spectrum and has OCD. The powerful need to Be Understood has resulted in some really, really bad situations in his relationships that have been hard to pull him back from because he, himself, can’t understand why people aren’t listening to him so he just needs to find the right words and try again (with another hundred text messages, or phone calls, or showing up at their door). I’ll say very bluntly that this behavior is not harmless and people are not wrong for being disturbed by it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh wow

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

coolusername posted:

Thanks! Here is a picture of my gigantic cat and my tiny grey cat as payment:

I hope if nothing else that other people also get into these threads as a result of all this too :cheers:

The payment has been accepted twice over. They're wonderful.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
GBS is good af gently caress right now. Look at this AV! It's amazing and an indicator of a things to come.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Literally A Person posted:

GBS is good af gently caress right now. Look at this AV! It's amazing and an indicator of a things to come.

welcome back

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Feels good to be me again. Thank you, GBS.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gently caress you

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

You may not recognize it but this is what peak posting performance looks like.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hmm wondering if mayhap the corn bestower is right here in our midst :thunk:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Feels good to be me again. Thank you, GBS.

:hmmyes:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lmao

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Nooooo

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Gonna get some mileage out of this bad boy.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

GBS is good as corn right now. Look at this AV! It's amazing and an indicator of a things to corn.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

You may not recognize it but this is what peak posting performance looks like.
__________________/

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

i was at the cornography store, i was buying cornography

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

This is all a ploy to line Jeffrey's pockets

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
As someone who's diagnosed ASD and severe ADHD,

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Slugworth posted:

Gonna get some mileage out of this bad boy.

brutal lmao

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Is that the famed corncob that would get spammed in DnD?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oh was LAP's av back to the cow for a bit, I thought that was sarcastic posting since it was still corn on my side lmao

but yeah, people on the autism spectrum (and to an even greater extent, neurodiverse people in general) fall into such a wide range of attributes that it seems really silly and honestly harmful to try and define the group as a whole in a monolith; there's going to be enough generalizations that aren't quite right or are just outright wrong for it not to be worthwhile, in my opinion at least. it's just really frustrating to be on the spectrum as well and see someone else on the spectrum completely misread you too, then claim that you're something you're not, but I'm used to it at this point, I suppose.

dervival fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 3, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

dervival posted:

oh was LAP's av back to the cow for a bit, I thought that was sarcastic posting since it was still corn on my side lmao

No it's been the corn one the whole time
LAP is just crazy as a shithouse rat

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

He's full of beans

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

No it's been the corn one the whole time
LAP is just crazy as a shithouse rat

I'm a loving maniac

:crossarms:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lol no it did go back to the cow for a minute, I saw it and it was extra glitchy

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Literally A Corncob

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Looking at their past avatars, it was briefly:

There's two corncob avs: 0009.jpg and 0010.jpg (current av). The cow one was between the two.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's two corncob avs: 0009.jpg and 0010.jpg (current av). The cow one was between the two.

nice doxing.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

the point was to not see this again

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
That avatar is awesome though

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
imo someone needs to remake that avatar of the cow but with roller skates

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

or remake it with the cob as the head, possibly upside down

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

avatars.xls much? pivot tables much? forum enemy avatar-post cross-references much? :grin:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

avatars.xls much? pivot tables much? forum enemy avatar-post cross-references much? :grin:

shant speculate

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Can we codify forums enemies. At least here in GBS. Like, do a random seed and keep an updated list in a stickied thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t have any forums enemies. I hold the same amount of disdain for all of you.