Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

I'm reminded of that Nixon quote about SAD
Hang on, that was bohemian grove, my bad.

post the quote, coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My genuine feedback is that GBS really isn't that bad but some posters (BAGS, Sm/lugworth, the guy with the green lady avatar) get insanely aggro at even the mildest criticism and that's not a great environment for forum growth, if that is the desired outcome. Characterizing detractors or critics as being bloodthirsty or shrieking or whatever else is disingenuous. If you want a better feedback thread, maybe consider instituting rules to encourage posters to meet the conversation where it's at instead of whatever imagined argument they're having.

gbs doesn't like emptyquotes so here's some words. the above is a good post

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Spinz posted:

My feedback is that we don't need feedback threads right now

They just create drama, they haven't been helpful

We could take a time out from them for a while

Creative content would be nice for GBS and we all know this and maybe in time it will increase

but then where would the feedback go

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

Feedback belongs in the feedback forum where you can endlessly litigate zero stakes shitpot nonevents in obscurity with likeminded bores and scolds.

i've taken the liberty of skimming all 6 pages of this newest iteration of the feedback thread and can confirm that there is minimal unprovoked trolling. nobody is showing up to say aids or whatev. anyone who has shown up has done so in response to weird little digs or snipes like this dumbass poo poo

in fact the most prolific troll is nooner who is as gbs as it gets. here, you got your troll free gbs feedback thread at last. if you're making GBS threads it up with baby bitch arguments then it's on you

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Tai posted:

This is the dumbest thread.

If you want a gbs feedback thread then close this and reboot it with a rule that the feedback is about GBS and not else where if you want to have a 24/7 open thread. That's what SAD is for or other forum feedback thread.

This petty airing of grievances is dumb. Make a new thread about it or go to SAD or PM or w/e

don't like, don't read :troll:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hello my feedback is that giving out sixers earlier was the right call for making GBS threads up the thread but it was obvious as hell that karma only did it to the people perceived to be on the opposite side to him. to seths credit you can see he went in afterwards and probed all the gbs idiots on the other side of the debate who were also being inflammatory.

you should sixer more often, nobody should get mad about them, they're as mild as it gets. but do it to everyone equally. OK bye.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Sorry in advance for the long post but I'd like to propose the following, after reading all this stuff since the start (and not contributing much, because I'm moving, but that's by the by)

*GBS is still a web 1.0 forum but is gradually becoming a kinder and more welcoming place. Schoolyard insults like gay and aids shouldn't be blanket banned but if you post it in a thread and someone is upset enough to report it, you're gonna get a sixer and if you keep posting where you're not wanted you'll eventually get ramped up and lose $10. Read the room.

*Mods should try to understand actual instances of ableism, racism, homophobia, transphobia etc and gradually learn to get a read on them. In the meantime if an instance of something serious is reported, mods should take it seriously without assuming some posting vendetta is going on, google around or reach out, then act on it quickly. This is a lot worse than word filter poo poo. If a mistake is made apologize sincerely and do better. If mods aren't willing or able to do this they can't moderate a community.

*GBS is a big open forum and is the first place people who come to the site will really see. Smaller subforums are more like friendship groups and know who each other are, and can moderate themselves wrt to language, slurs and such. Just because another forum does something doesn't mean GBS can do it. We need to be at a standard that allows anyone to post here and mods need to clamp down not just on instances of rule breaking but also lovely posting that makes GBS a less user friendly place. If this means more mods and IKs to keep an eye on this forum then ugh so be it.

*Connected: Forum wars aren't happening, posters are concerned that the main part of the forums they post in is lovely and it's ok to try to fix it.

*As an aside, megathreads should be tolerated because people love them for some reason but they go rotten and can be unwelcoming to new posters. They should either be rebooted monthly or, in the unlikely occurance that they turn out to be actually good could be moved to the subforum they are better suited for, to allow posters to find new and cool friends and places to post.

I'd really like to assume good faith with the mods, and that they will try to handle issues they don't directly understand a bit better in the future. If a mod is repeatedly making terrible calls and doubling down on mistakes, they should be removed. Anyway I care about these dumb forums I hope we can fix them.

:thanks:

I have no strong opinion on megathreads but the rest of this is good poo poo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
on the plus side, some threads have stricter standards than the rest of gbs

wizard master will not be tolerated in the UK thread for example

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Wait really? When was this and who was it?

koalas march et al convincing people fyad was full of nazis

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
value my contribution I shriek as I do a big poo poo on the table

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

Tragic, truly a case of goldmine just being an old boys club of who you know rather than a meritocratic repository of funny threads.

jesus christ

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

I think that might be a joke y'all

first time for everything

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

for a lot of people, myself included, the forums have become a bad habit

bit like smoking fags innit

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Biggest language crime that the Brits make is how they pronounce "Scones"

there is not one uniform pronunciation across the country. its a common point of contention in fact

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I think its poo poo. it suits you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lmao