Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So I've been going down this youtube rabbit hole of old music that was popular but not the very highest rated. Like the songs that got tons of play for a while but haven't stuck around on typical playlists from the time. Observe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d02rbEx60U
If your parents listened to Oldies back in the day you might even remember the ones from the 50s. My mother watched a few of these videos with me and some she could still sing along with that i had never heard before. It was a blast seeing her get all nostalgic and the 90s and early 2000s stuff triggers my nostalgia super hard too. A lot of these songs are pretty under rated too, there's some that are shocking to me they weren't number 1. It's also fascinating how well the brain seems to store music.

What songs do you remember from the past that didn't quite make the cut for long term popular memory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU