Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

git apologist posted:

i have like 4 expensive pairs of over ear headphones plus airpods pro’s and they all suck rear end because consumerism sucks and i wish i’d never dove into all that poo poo and instead went and lived in the woods like the unabomber but near a pub so i could go hang out with friends and maybe some nice ladies regularly also my cabin would have a shower and good heating and cooking facilities

hth op

fuuuuuck :negative:

anyways,

(speakers) klipsch fives and vanatoo tier zeros are amazing. the klipsch replaced a set of JBL305s and sound truly fantastic and also have HDMI so I can control the entire setup with just my apple tv remote. vanatoos also amazing but in a smaller form factor. 3" speakers are awesome for a desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ve experienced very little/no hearing loss as I’ve aged :smug:

ok boomer

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

yummycheese posted:

I have a set of these Beyerdynamic's which seem to hit a decent sweet spot for quality vs. value.

https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/dt-990-pro.html

Seem fine to me. Use them every day and they are comfy.

I have the 80 ohm 770s and I was really surprised. I'd be really interested to hear what their next tier up sounds like. I bet it's bonkers (triple the price tho)

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Dijkstracula posted:

Nice, checked this one out and looks like it's what I'm after (though lol @ the feature where you can buy two and use them as mono blocks for each channel)

also the other half of things, apropos of nothing, is that I actually like using the Apple Music Classical app a lot and that's currently ios-only

btr5 gang. its good

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

You guys do know that we ran a prolific poster out of here like 10 years ago for doing this poo poo,, right

put the danged crystals on your wires, jonny