Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thread to talk about headphones and stuff

ive had a pair of AirPods Pro for a year now, I use them at work, they’re ok I guess. I can’t put my finger on it quite but I feel like everything sounds a little distant and not as crisp as it could be- definitely because of the Bluetooth compression but also, well, they’re earbuds. I don’t understand the psychoacoustic or whatever differences between in ear and over ear headphones.

I also have a hyperx cloud headset I got on recommendation from YouTube personality dankpods. been using them a bit more lately and they sound. so much better than the AirPods. $79 versus whatever triple digits I paid for the AirPods. they definitely fill different roles though, can’t really use wired headphones while doing computer janitor stuff.

I also have some old Logitech speakers that sound pretty good for pc speakers. the subwoofer is too loud on the lowest setting so you know it’s good.

I’ll have to take a look at my living room sound system because my wife set it up but it also sounds pretty good.

anyway what kind of sennheisers or grados or mezes do yall in figgieland have, I’m interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I just use flac

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I use Apple Music. they send me a new playlist every week!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

idk I'm one of those people who appreciates nice things but can also find pleasure in the mediocre... which is why airpods pro are kinda uncanny because they are super expensive for something that sounds passable at best

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

i've never dropped mine

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I can absolutely tell the difference between $20 headphones and $100 headphones, ive never really tried anything more expensive though

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’ve experienced very little/no hearing loss as I’ve aged :smug:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

over ears are the most comfortable as well

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

hell no, I have AirPods

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

echinopsis posted:

one thing that feels a bit embarassing to mention but gently caress it, is that I tend to listen to the same music I always have rather than seeking out new music. I mean I do sometimes but I know some people pretty much always listening to new and different music whereas I usually listen to stuff I know quite well.

which idk some might judge me and say I don’t love music as much as them idk

Apple Music’s new music playlist has actually been sporadically good at expanding my horizons. I’ve picked up Roosevelt, Yumi Zouma and Kainalu among others, some of my favorite music in there now

I don’t tend to seek out new stuff very often though.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I also stopped caring about full albums and just stick the songs I like in one big playlist

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

rotor posted:

and how weirdly creepy he'd talk about his sister?

anyway, that dude sucked. everyone who doesnt suck is free to post about whatever ridiculous nerd poo poo they want to.

I like my headpones

echinopsis posted:

and tbf our standards are extremely low anyway I mean I’m still tolerated

mate

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also wrong. the best headphones were made in 1979

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I think it's reasonable to spend $800 on headphones if you have the money, but you're already way into diminishing returns up there

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

now that's what I'm talkin about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

for real though I want to try some stax lambdas sometime