Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

if I could still get a set of Equators for monitors I’d prolly do so as they were some of the best budget monitors I was aware of, but oh well

I have an og homepod I use for my home AV setup which is like, surprisingly good. tho some audio needs pre-processing before sending it to the speakers cuz of its biases, tho it’s mostly fine to not do that. tho figuring out how to get non apple stuff to play with it is a bit of a headache, will just use my JBL Flip when I can’t be assed

2nd gen airpods or uh, Pink Sony cheapo earbuds I use for work as the airpods don’t play nicely with multiple sound sources. I used to have some AKGs and Audio Technicas but the AKGs had quite a long life and got worn out / had to rewire and change the pads and stuff so I think I just got rid of em, and sold the ATs many moons ago for food or rent money iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

prefer to play CDs off my sega saturn rather than the ps1, the spaceship rly gives it an edge audiophile wise

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

when doing production I usually just do what Aaron Funk talked about in an interview a very long time ago. if you don’t have very good gear triangulating between multiple audio sources which are biased in ways that you know about works pretty well

eventually I’m gonna get some big rear end amplifiers like we used to have for shows and stuff

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Snuff Melange posted:

I might get run out of this thread for this (justly so), but am I wrong to feel like expensive computer headsets have very quickly diminishing returns for the increased cost? I run a $20 headset and I feel I great fine, even great audio. Several of my friends have $200+ headsets and it feels extremely excessive to me.

I know it's probably a YMMV thing based on what you do and how much you'll appreciate the higher fidelity, but I just find myself skeptical that for an extra $180 you're getting that much appreciably better of audio quality.

I mean if you’re like, mixing or mastering the good cans or monitors can absolutely make a difference, tho for consumer purposes chi-fi is getting pretty good for just how cheap it is

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

try puting them in your ears and not your rear end

the buttplug subwoofer stays in pal