Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i have a pair of audio technica ath-a500's that are about 13 years old and they are my favorite headphones, but comically large and I am a little self conscious about wearing them out of the house

i called audio technica's repair department to order replacement ear pads a while ago, and apparently the place is run by one guy and he told me that they don't typically ship parts to canada, but he would make an exception for me and personally delivered them to the post office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i have a set of audioengine a2 speakers for my desktop which are very good sounding to me (the original non-plus model) . they could use a subwoofer but honestly i've gotten used to reduced bass since i've shared walls with neighbors for 19 years of my adult life

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i have a 5.0 setup in my living room assembled from thrift store speaker finds. my front's are a pair of axiom 1.5 bookshelf speakers, which look to be from the 1990s. axiom is a canadian boutique brand and they sound pretty good to me. the rear satellites are JBL control 1 monitors and are equally fine. honestly i don't really notice the surround effect very much in movies but for games it really helps with locating the source of enemies.

they are driven with a yamaha RX-V485 and when I watch youtube I like to use the cheesy room effects so it sounds like I am listening to somebody speak in a hall or club

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 17, 2023

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I don't have an external dac, my desktop uses an asus xonar ds that has been very needs suiting and low-noise since I bought it in 2009

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I like JVC for cheap but decent car audio decks but drat would it kill them to use a display that can fit more than 10 characters???

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Cat Face Joe posted:

also i don't do in-ear ones cause they won't stay in for more than 10 seconds

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

my turntable from 1974 sounds great thru my amp from 1976, neither being recapped. true audio bliss is not caring