Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I have a dece pair of AKG open-cans that for some reason are quincy jones-branded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

my family owns a hi-fi and record store so I spent a lot of time in the presence of expensive gear that I couldn't tell the difference between after a certain point, but it did mean that I was exposed to Criterion laserdiscs at a very young age so it's impossible to know if it's bad or not

Once I graduate and start making figgies again, and presumably living somewhere apart from an apartment with thin walls, I'd like to get some sort of setup going again

I am in the market for a small DAC, though: I use Apple Music but my workstation in the lab runs Linux so I've been listening to more music on my phone, but I don't love wearing wireless earbuds for long stretches and I have a decent pair of open-can AKGs that I'd prefer to keep using despite their mini-stereo jack, so if any of yall have a recommendation for something that works in that space I'm all ears

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

mediaphage posted:

i know linux famously doesn’t have audio but can’t you use the web client if it comes to it

I actually didn't know there was a web client :shobon:

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

my fiio btr3

so again seconding that recommendation
Nice, checked this one out and looks like it's what I'm after (though lol @ the feature where you can buy two and use them as mono blocks for each channel)

Dijkstracula posted:

I actually didn't know there was a web client :shobon:
also the other half of things, apropos of nothing, is that I actually like using the Apple Music Classical app a lot and that's currently ios-only