Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
many years too late, i finally got some lil baby studio monitors (kali lp-6 v2) and holy poo poo it's like listening to music again for the first time. they're plugged into a focusrite scarlett 2i2 (baby's first audio interface). all the fancypants dacs look pretty neat, but i'm a basic bitch :cool:

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ve experienced very little/no hearing loss as I’ve aged :smug:

saaame, always been super diligent about earplugs at shows, etc. just did a tone generator and can still hear up to 15khz plenty fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

fancy dacs are absolute snake oil meant to thin wallets when people run out of turntables and speakers to buy. dont worry about it your scarlett is up to the task

oh totally. i've like never seen any fancy dacs in recording studios which leads me to believe regular ol pro stuff is more than enough

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

goblin week posted:

audio peeps need to listen to more music they enjoy instead of trying to make hotel california sound good imo

sorry what now? I can't hear you over aja