Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

for headphones i keep buying sony mdr-7506s which are tanks and sound flat which is what i want generally

i'd like if the closing was stronger and sound leaked out less but all in all a workhorse of a pair of headphones, highly recommended

in other stuff, i'm sort of looking for new receivers. did all the hdmi crap get ironed out? is there something specific i should look for? who's a good brand now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

yeah part of my covid panic was rebuilding my vinyl collection which i do listen to but i also rip and put in on my media server depending on context. i like having the artifact more than anything, not cause of sound quality.

its real great to let records play throughout the day, one side is long enough for a small chunk of work, get up and flip it and take a break and so on

funny how many record players are 1200 guts with different faces all from the same factory too

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

echinopsis posted:

one thing that feels a bit embarassing to mention but gently caress it, is that I tend to listen to the same music I always have rather than seeking out new music. I mean I do sometimes but I know some people pretty much always listening to new and different music whereas I usually listen to stuff I know quite well.

which idk some might judge me and say I don’t love music as much as them idk

like what you like, its fine, being hip with music is a full time job

but if you wanna expand your range

youtube's recommends are usually REALLY good these days, i'd prob listen via that if i really wanted to find stuff tangential

you can also seek out whatever college or college style radio stuff is around you (https://www.wfmu.org is online if you dont have that and really wanna spin the wheel on new music)

i remember when pandora was fresh and new, that was good times cause it did stuff by taxonomy (incl musical styles and arrangement) rather than listening patterns (which is what everyone else does i think, or is manually curated)