Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I keep blocking them but you keep coming up with new ways to try and make sure I know they exist. gently caress. Like if they were hot pants? Sure of course but no NO THEY ARE UGLY KHAKI SHORTS I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THEM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If you let it show you its shorts one time then surely it will be satisfied and never bother you about it again.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

If you let it show you its shorts one time then surely it will be satisfied and never bother you about it again.

gently caress that put on some pants nobody wants to see that. *body shames youtube*

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's cool when you search for something for some reason all the results are shorts

Just kidding, I don't think it's cool at all

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like to see gorls do sexy dance haha oolala

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I sometimes scroll through youtube shorts a bit because it seems to spit out a series of videos on some completely random subject that changes day to day. like one day it'll be wasp hive removal videos and then the next it'll be a lady giving advice on how not to get raped by you biker boyfreind's acquaintances.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like shorts because often the videos I'm shown have great production that really makes me want to view more of the content creators content

Just kidding I hate it and think it's obnoxious

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'll click on a cat video short, watch it, scroll down to the next video, it's some random rear end in a top hat importing their unfunny tiktok skit.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

There's only 2 kinds of shorts I want to see: Either the handful of animators I follow putting out something, or a cute cat video. Everything else needs to gently caress off. Especially since mixed in with all the trash is even worse trash than usual. I'll get shorts recommended to me that are some kid going "haha funny tag game I did in roblox" with 3 views. Or just loving ads.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

YouTube's advertising is getting wierd imo, making topics on a web forum

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

shorts have the wrong aspect ratio

i'm on a computer goddamnit, i'm not gonna turn it sideways to watch this horseshit

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The shorts don't bother me so much as the preview that happens when you mouseover something counting to your watch history, i have to go in every few days and delete all the poo poo it thinks I've watched as it's making my recommendations really weird.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

e: wrong thread

but anyway, to contribute something, can you edit your video thumbnails for shorts like you can for regular youtube videos? whenever i see the row of shorts on the youtube homepage in private browsing mode where there's no tailored algorithm, i don't see anyone doing the dipshit face. but right below in the row of regular videos there's always several mr beast or similar videos where they're making the dipshit face like always

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 18, 2023

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

check out my youtube short dance

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

e: wrong thread

but anyway, to contribute something, can you edit your video thumbnails for shorts like you can for regular youtube videos? whenever i see the row of shorts on the youtube homepage in private browsing mode where there's no tailored algorithm, i don't see anyone doing the dipshit face. but right below in the row of regular videos there's always several mr beast or similar videos where they're making the dipshit face like always

I'm pretty sure you can't and it just takes the frame from the very middle of the video, which I've noticed has led to some people gaming it so that that middle frame is a closeup pogchamp reaction

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

shorts have the wrong aspect ratio

i'm on a computer goddamnit, i'm not gonna turn it sideways to watch this horseshit

:goofy:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It's really obvious that the content creators hate shorts and are only doing them because YouTube is pushing it real hard on them.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Smugworth posted:

It's cool when you search for something for some reason all the results are shorts

Just kidding, I don't think it's cool at all

Here are 5 videos for the thing you search for and 50 irrelevant ones that "pEoPlE aLsO wAtChEd"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You know what you want
And that makes you just like me

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It's really obvious that the content creators hate shorts and are only doing them because YouTube is pushing it real hard on them.

One of the people I watch said their most viewed video by millions is a youtube short their editor clipped and their videos aren't normally over 75k views on their channel.

I imagine it's pushed really hard because it fills the mindless scrolling like tiktok does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

hey youtube here's a short for ya :boom: