Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

There's only 2 kinds of shorts I want to see: Either the handful of animators I follow putting out something, or a cute cat video. Everything else needs to gently caress off. Especially since mixed in with all the trash is even worse trash than usual. I'll get shorts recommended to me that are some kid going "haha funny tag game I did in roblox" with 3 views. Or just loving ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It's really obvious that the content creators hate shorts and are only doing them because YouTube is pushing it real hard on them.

One of the people I watch said their most viewed video by millions is a youtube short their editor clipped and their videos aren't normally over 75k views on their channel.

I imagine it's pushed really hard because it fills the mindless scrolling like tiktok does.