Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

I'll do it. I'll be the town superstar(or preferentially, the ultimate scum).

I've had the thread bookmarked for weeks. Will I? Won't I? The time for hemming and hawing has come to an end.

Put me in.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Goddamn it, I'm back in.

Thanks goodness for these turns of events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

secret setup spoiler: this game will feature a scum dreamteam of me, hal, mr scumalong, and keats himself running two sockpuppet player accounts

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

idk if i can play anymore as i'm no longer new.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

hambeet posted:

This isn't your first game? Weird...

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

Unfortunately the Stalker won't allow you to leave.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Wandering over while waiting for Umithread updates. Count me in!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
If you still want more players and would be okay with a very shiny baby playing, I would like to :) but if you think it'd be a bit much for me then I will watch and learn

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

PhantomMuzzles posted:

If you still want more players and would be okay with a very shiny baby playing, I would like to :) but if you think it'd be a bit much for me then I will watch and learn

Omg yaaaas :getin:

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Hiiiiiii Anarc!!!!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

PhantomMuzzles posted:

It will be too much for experienced players and new players alike. But I don't think any prior mafia knowledge will be required to understand any roles. I'm sure discussions coming from players will become a little overwhelming if nobody is accommodating of newbies when referencing such things, but they probably will be.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

There is also a slightly possibility that I fudge the roles if a newbie gets something too complicated, but you'll never know if I do that!

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Ooh I like fudge

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Keep in mind that this is a mutation of mafia rather than a standard game because the win condition for Town is different, despite still involving an element of finding the scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Where is my actual magic?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Insandenza posted:

Sure, I will play in this game with t a s t e

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

Where is my actual magic?

It was always with you, in the friends you've made along the way

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I might have to back out. Traveling tomorrow through September 4th.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

let me say that more clearly, if the game starts before 9/4 i won't be able to participate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

let me say that more clearly, if the game starts before 9/4 i won't be able to participate

April is pretty far away bro

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

hambeet posted:

April is pretty far away bro

:drat: this game is off to a fantastic start and it hasn't even started yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did somebody say one more guy?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Opopanax posted:

Did somebody say one more guy?

Oh poo poo! Nice! This game will start on September 7 as long as everybody in the player list is in Discord and gives me a thumbs up that they still want to play.

There are 4 more open slots for people to sign up between now and then. Though I would prefer an odd number of players personally.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What about professionally?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
I would like to join, please!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

EGalz18 posted:

I would like to join, please!

Sure!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Okay guys, I’m at work right now so this is going to be a low-effort post. You’ve all gotten some very sparse flavor in your role PMs. You should expect this flavor to expand as you take actions, and as players witness mysterious hints.

Speaking of those hints, let me be a little clearer about the mechanic. Not totally clear, mind you. Not at all. But a little clear.

I will only accept queries that exist entirely in the realm of flavor. And my answers will be in flavor form. Don’t expect to ask me who scum is either.

Try different things. I gave you a lot of tries per day for a reason.

Now a couple reminders about how this differs from a normal mafia game. Whenever deadline is reached without somebody dying, OR if a hammer results in no deaths, the day will be extended 24 hours and a pre-decided thing will happen. It will be the same thing every time.

When a scum-aligned player dies, they also become Severed. They still die though too. The reason that’s important is that Severed limbs are a requirement for town’s wincon. Technically it’s not for scum to be dead, although one follows the other.

Okay that seems to be it. Have fun!!

DAY ONE NOW

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (25): AnonymousNarcotics, CubicalSucrose, EGalz18, Hal Insandenza, hambeet, Idle Amalgam, Ignatius M. Meen, Illusionis, JosefStalinator, Lampsacus, MockingQuantum, Mr. Humalong, mycelia, Opopanax, PhantomMuzzles, Pinterest Mom, Punkreas, saladscooper, shwinnebego, Snooze Cruise, SporkChan, t a s t e, Tired Moritz, Toalpaz, Zoya

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'll set deadline later

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that I am v̶̝̌̓ä̵̡̤́̕n̴͔̝̈́ḭ̷̐l̷̺̍l̸͈̦̈́a̵̯͓̿ ̷͈̋̈ẗ̸̼́̀o̷̱̾̂͜w̶̙̱̔̀n̸̻̞̊̌.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
ready for another thread i can't keep up with

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
please don't be dumb and start claiming the way you can break curses immediately folks

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Hey ya'll we can break the curse by killing scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My pm was very complicated so I'm just going to be vanilla instead

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Opopanax posted:

Scum got a lot of mechanics going on huh?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Opopanax posted:

:same:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Illusionis posted:

Scum got a lot of mechanics going on huh?

Oh do they? Thanks for letting us know

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I wonder if there'll be any additional reward for removing Stalker limbs...A sort of severance pay, if you will?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

EGalz18 posted:

I wonder if there'll be any additional reward for removing Stalker limbs...A sort of severance pay, if you will?

😩

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Look. I'm just here to sell ice cream and convince others to make ice cream a regular part of their weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Snooze Cruise posted:

please don't be dumb and start claiming the way you can break curses immediately folks

You can't tell us what to do!

Illusionis posted:

Hey ya'll we can break the curse by killing scum

See!