Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
posting in a 3O thread

Condos!

Cosmos!

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Poohs Packin posted:

Oh cool if you do a barbie related google search the page goes all sparkley and turns pink!

that’s nothing, if you google oppenheimer it nukes your house

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The movie doesn't seem any better or worse than any other comedy from the last few years. I don't get why everybody is caring so much.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
I heard a few years ago they were trying to make a live-action Barbie movie starring Amy Schumer and written by Diablo Cody.

That would've made people even madder.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Lister posted:

The movie doesn't seem any better or worse than any other comedy from the last few years. I don't get why everybody is caring so much.

There aren’t too many female directors that people can name, let alone like, and Margot Robbie is basically textbook perfect casting. Also that Aqua song is really good.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Mayor of the town Margot Robbie is from once brought me a bucket of Cod.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Overdog posted:

I want to see this poo poo but I'm also a grown man so no.

nobody gives a poo poo what you do bro, nobody in the world cares if you see barbie

Poohs Packin posted:

The Mayor of the town Margot Robbie is from once brought me a bucket of Cod.

My mum is from there and tells everyone she knows that Margot Robbie is from Dalby like her, last week she told the grocery delivery guy

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Little Women was dope.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sounds like a lovely movie designed to make insufferable people really happy that other insufferable people are getting angry about it.

Ordering tickets as we speak.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

they made a klaus barbie movie drat

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Poohs Packin posted:

Well the you'll fit right in here at SA, the "internet forum for straights"

Hey I don't care how a movie gets an R rating, could be tits, could be balls. Rated R is my genre. :hmmyes:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

All you need is 2 "Fucks" for an R rating.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Caesar Saladin posted:

nobody gives a poo poo what you do bro, nobody in the world cares if you see barbie

My mum is from there and tells everyone she knows that Margot Robbie is from Dalby like her, last week she told the grocery delivery guy

Well good because I'm not going to see Barbie, so people can naturally not give a poo poo.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Overdog posted:

I want to see this poo poo but I'm also a grown man so no.

Ryan Gosling is in this. He played a Blade Runner and a Hercules, so, IMO, he definitely counts as manly man's-man. They wouldn't have cast his as Ken if he didn't.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Little Women was dope.

I think this is the thing most people who think the hype is fake don't get. Greta Gerwig is probably one of the smartest filmmakers alive today, and her past films have shown a keen insight into female characters. Literally every woman I know who has seen Lady Bird considers it the best film about mother-daughter relations that has ever been made. Giving her the reigns of a Barbie movie is like having Quentin Tarantino make a GI Joe movie.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

Better than being from like, Gatton?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

can't believe Greta Gerwig wasn't just making a fun kid's movie

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I encourage you to check out Barbie: Life in the Dream House. It's a fun show.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I liked the part in which they show Ken's smooth pelvis as he gazes into the mirror and rubs it, his expressionless face holding his breathing in check as he reaches something not quite like an orgasm. They then do an extended shot of his face as the breathing calms and all that's left is a mannequin-like smile, but you can see his eyes vibrating with an enormous internal tension that can never be released

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Bought my tickets for friday, see you goons at the multiplex

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'm going to see it

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i draw the line at ONE proust reference, two is two far.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Little Women was great and this review has me even more hyped for Barbie.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

LanceHunter posted:

having Quentin Tarantino make a GI Joe movie.

a three hour toy commercial rife with fetish content and racial slurs

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
https://twitter.com/LuckeyGinger/status/1681329395343007746

Low T Kenergy.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Nothing like going to the Barbie premiere with a man being investigated for sex trafficking minors, then complaining that Ken wasn't manly enough in the movie.

Counted
Apr 28, 2023

Ken from Barbie, always known as the high-octane and high-T masculine type that takes charge in Barbie's source material, will now be played by a young CGI Bruce Willis in the sequel

We've heard the fans

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 23 days!)

they've done such a good job marketing this.

they're getting all the malcontents in along with all the chuds who don't know what a greta gerwig is, the kids will like the colours and songs and buy the toys while the grown ups fight, everyone makes millions and then it's straight to the landfill to make room for the woke santa movie. did you know he was invented by coca cola?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

nice obelisk idiot posted:

I liked the part in which they show Ken's smooth pelvis as he gazes into the mirror and rubs it, his expressionless face holding his breathing in check as he reaches something not quite like an orgasm. They then do an extended shot of his face as the breathing calms and all that's left is a mannequin-like smile, but you can see his eyes vibrating with an enormous internal tension that can never be released

Finally, the nullo representation in mainstream media we've been needing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

roomtone posted:

they've done such a good job marketing this.

they're getting all the malcontents in along with all the chuds who don't know what a greta gerwig is, the kids will like the colours and songs and buy the toys while the grown ups fight, everyone makes millions and then it's straight to the landfill to make room for the woke santa movie. did you know he was invented by coca cola?

This is America

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Now that's the look of a man who has sex with children.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I'll be honest, spreading the photo of a known pedophile next to your star during a movie promotion could kill all the good vibe this movie gathered

Also wtf googling Margot Robbie's name makes Google explode in pink fireworks

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

laserghost posted:

I'll be honest, spreading the photo of a known pedophile next to your star

???

That's Gaetz' wife/sister of the inventor of the Oculus Rift Ginger LuckeyGaetz

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

MrQwerty posted:

???

That's Gaetz' wife/sister of the inventor of the Oculus Rift Ginger LuckeyGaetz

loving hell I am dumb as gently caress probe me for my idiocy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

laserghost posted:

loving hell I am dumb as gently caress probe me for my idiocy

None of the actors are even allowed to go to the premiere in the first place lol

I mean, they could, but they'd be scabbing

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

MrQwerty posted:

None of the actors are even allowed to go to the premiere in the first place lol

I mean, they could, but they'd be scabbing

A perfect summation of Hollywood producers. "Well, we can't get the stars of the movie out to promote its opening. But you know who we could get? A far-right politician and sex criminal, that'll get some butts in seats."

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002
The Barbie/Oppenheimer crossover has begun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Unironically, thanks for the warning OP,. I'll be sure not to see this PC crapfest.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Barbie getting the tits out in this one you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Barbie getting the tits out in this one you think?
Yeah in an extended thoracic surgery scene in which they drain several abscesses. Gertwig got really into Kristeva before this one