Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i saw it. i wasn't expecting her tits to be so weird. u think of barbie as perfect but that surgery scene was hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lister posted:

The movie doesn't seem any better or worse than any other comedy from the last few years. I don't get why everybody is caring so much.

name 5 comedies from the last 5 years with out googling. i can name 3 and i watch alot of movies. comedy movies have been dead for awhile so people are excited they are coming back.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
What grown up person would watch this poo poo?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

snergle posted:

name 5 comedies from the last 5 years with out googling. i can name 3 and i watch alot of movies. comedy movies have been dead for awhile so people are excited they are coming back.

superbad, the nice guys, and kiss kiss bang bang, forgetting sara marshal, and another paul rudd one :smuggo:

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Barbie getting the tits out in this one you think?

I know nothing about the movie but yeah I think Robble does get her tits out

edit: rear end too I believe

Manager Hoyden fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 19, 2023

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

mackensie posted:

The Barbie/Oppenheimer crossover has begun

The Barbieheimer crossover is like the record company that signed Elvis also sold Elvis Sucks pins - i.e. a deliberate marketing ploy to get people to buy two tickets instead of one.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

Unironically, thanks for the warning OP,. I'll be sure not to see this PC crapfest.

IMO, you should buy a lot of Barbies and burn them in protest. Especially the Woke barbies (doctor, astronaut, non-white, etc).

TheKub
May 11, 2006

mackensie posted:

The Barbie/Oppenheimer crossover has begun

There's even a bad AI art trailer for a mashup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrpPMsD6sCE

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Lister posted:

The movie doesn't seem any better or worse than any other comedy from the last few years. I don't get why everybody is caring so much.

I feel like the “outrage” and “controversy” for this, sound of freedom and every other movie lately are intentionally being manufactured by the movie studios to sell tickets. :tinfoil:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sophy Wackles posted:

I feel like the “outrage” and “controversy” for this, sound of freedom and every other movie lately are intentionally being manufactured by the movie studios to sell tickets. :tinfoil:

Indeed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
going tomorrow night i hope theres a dua lipa cameo, that song is a bop

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Sophy Wackles posted:

I've never been a believer in this kind of conspiracy theory. It's probably just that not much is happening in pop culture right now so it's the only new thing for anyone to talk about.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Bore-bie

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I mean on the other hand I could always read feminist literature and get a better understanding of the reasons women have to live in fear and suffering without giving any money to Mattel.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I love your selfie!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Lister posted:

I've never been a believer in this kind of conspiracy theory. It's probably just that not much is happening in pop culture right now so it's the only new thing for anyone to talk about.

So, years and years ago I attended a press junket for a film because a family friend was a PR person for a major studio, I can't remember if I signed an NDA or not but I was told explicitly and repeatedly that yes, two of the stars of the film were obviously loving and not to say a drat word about it.

It came out like a year later that they were a new couple in a carefully rolled out PR campaign for something else.

So, yeah, I believe it.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
This Kyle Smith guy seems like a real dweeb.

BeastOfTheEdelwood fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 20, 2023

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

you fuckers better not be liking anything in this thread!!! fuckers!!!!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

emSparkly posted:

I mean on the other hand I could always read feminist literature and get a better understanding of the reasons women have to live in fear and suffering without giving any money to Mattel.

that sounds like a lot of effort im just going to see the movie and have fun

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Can't get tickets for Barbie? Watch Bratz, Jem, or Monster High on streaming. Maybe the My Pet Monster movie while you're at it. It's probably on Youtube.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

emSparkly posted:

yeah those don't have Ryan Gosling being funny so I ain't gonna do that

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

JediTalentAgent posted:

Can't get tickets for Barbie? Watch Bratz, Jem, or Monster High on streaming. Maybe the My Pet Monster movie while you're at it. It's probably on Youtube.

The Bratz movie is a masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmK0noqlnoQ

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Sophy Wackles posted:

There really isn't any controversy surrounding Barbie among people who don't write for the Wall Street Journal

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Congratulation on managing to make me want to see that terrible terrible movie, you monster.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Three Olives posted:

So, years and years ago I attended a press junket for a film because a family friend was a PR person for a major studio, I can't remember if I signed an NDA or not but I was told explicitly and repeatedly that yes, two of the stars of the film were obviously loving and not to say a drat word about it.

It came out like a year later that they were a new couple in a carefully rolled out PR campaign for something else.

So, yeah, I believe it.

Not that I expect you to reveal anything further, but this sure sounds Mr. & Mrs. Smith-y.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
loving press junket

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Double Toasted is giving it a "Full Price" and calling it the best comedy of the year. Sold.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

dua lipa cameo - check
john cena cameo - check
an entire second act constantly drawing parallels to the matrix movies - uh sure ok check

i swear i wasnt high but that second act sure as hell made me free like i was

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

dua lipa cameo - check
john cena cameo - check
an entire second act constantly drawing parallels to the matrix movies - uh sure ok check

i swear i wasnt high but that second act sure as hell made me free like i was

Still.. Resisting... :negative:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Saw the movie last night and genuinely loved it. I had no idea what to expect from it going in other than that it looked like a fun time. It totally was, but it was also so much more.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why would a Barbie movie be rated PG-13?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
idk but google tells me PG 13s are allowed one f word

just one

Barbie gently caress(s)

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Extra Large Marge posted:

Why would a Barbie movie be rated PG-13?

Well, I don't think they would go R with it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
PG-13 movies make the most money.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The movies that make the most money tend to suck.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
I finally saw Barbie last night. The hardcore nudity was a little strange, and I didn't like the lase hour after Ken detonated the bomb.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My opinion on the barbie movie is margot robbie could bite a watermelon in half sideways

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I don't know why but people ITT trying to rank the toy content is cracking me up. As if the MH movies are somehow morally superior to be watching over Barbie lol

If you like media made from/about toys, then at the end of the day we're all the same sort of doll trash who enjoy watching 30-90 minute toy commercials.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Unless that was a sincere suggestion to watch those things if you like Barbie, rather than a sassy note that similar content is already free to watch. In which case I apologize.

Anyway the new MH revival is kick rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I don't know why but people ITT trying to rank the toy content is cracking me up. As if the MH movies are somehow morally superior to be watching over Barbie lol

If you like media made from/about toys, then at the end of the day we're all the same sort of doll trash who enjoy watching 30-90 minute toy commercials.

???